Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kiddie pool

loneranger

with the ongoing never ending drought in my area. And my food plots amounting to 8 inches of dust. I am thinking of putting a wading pool down in my creek. Will probably be the best draw to deer this dry season. Better than empty food plots. I know been info on this on here but any advice on doin this appreciated. !

Adding a water hole was the best decision I made on my property. It happened to be a drought year when I added it,didn't know that at the time it was early early spring. I Saw more deer around that water hole than I thought were in the area. It has been really dry around our area also, West Central Iowa. Hoping the Waterhole pays off again this year. Good luck to you.

Thanks,,Not sure if the pool will work as good as a NATURAL water hole but hey,,if they are thirsty enough guess they will overcome their fear and adapt. be interesting?

Dig it in slope it up to the sides .
Problem is to get It full and keep it full.
Put a camera over it and you'll be surprised what you see I bet.

I believe you need to have a stick going into it as well, or something for vermin to climb out on. If a mouse dies in it deer wont touch the water

why do ya have ta dig it in? Forget digging in my solid hard clay! with sides would help keep mice out wldnt it? The deer will have to overcome the fear of a kiddie pool sitting on the ground. Think thirst will over come fear. Supposed to get hot now. Just what a drought needs. They will really be thirsty!

Top Bottom