Kids and Sheds...

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting Conference' started by Admin, Apr 3, 2001.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator

I am sure many of you remember Rick Ferguson from Illinois, he harvested a huge buck last year in Illinois. Anyway here is his daughter Dakotah and her first shed.

[​IMG]

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. Admin

Admin Administrator

Here is my son Anthony with his first shed find, he has come close to beating me to the find the past few years but he caught me sleeping this year.

[​IMG]

4/1/01 APH and his first shed find

4. IAdroptine

IAdroptine PMA Member

Congrats young shed hunters, remember to let Dad find one from time to time.

I was twenty plus years old before I found my first shed, I sometimes wonder how many sheds antlers I walked by over the years, scary.

Take a kid shed hunting, make a friend for life.

5. TJF

TJF Member

I am not so sure about taking a kid shedding with you. They have more energy and better eye's!! [​IMG] I had came across 5 sheds before I had the chance to take my son with me shedding this year. Now I am up to 11 and he is closing the gap fast with 8. Lucky that I work on a farm and had found 3 while moving snow to haul grain or we would tied. He had found 7 the one day, while I only found 2, so you know what I am up against. LOL Seriously, taking a kid along is one of the best things you can do. They have a great time and you have an even better time, knowing that you are spending quality time with them, apperciating nature and everything it has to offer. I've enjoyed shed hunting more now, then when I hunted alone.

Tim

6. Some of you may have seen these pictures on the HA shed forum. This is my son Matthew, with a little mulie shed we found on his first walk in the bush with dad.

[​IMG]

And here he is again closing in on a tremendous typical shed found a few years ago in the Edmonton Bow Zone. I know, I'll have to be careful where I leave these sheds lying around!

[​IMG]

It won't be long and he'll likely be out-shedding his dad, but believe me, that will be a proud day!

[This message has been edited by Northern Whitetails (edited 04-26-2001).]

7. IAdroptine

IAdroptine PMA Member

You bet!

8. TJF

TJF Member

NW
    You are surely welcome to send your sheds down here to me for safe keeping, till Matthew is alittle older. [​IMG] Boy could I have fun messing with everyone's mind around here with your big sheds. I bet there would be alot more hunters out next gun season! [​IMG]

Tim

9. IAdroptine

IAdroptine PMA Member

Funny, I was thinking the same thing TJF. I think my wife has finaly given up and the Family Room is the antler room. I think I could bring in more sheds if I was to put the sewing machine and tred mill out in the garage. To store big sheds the like of NW's I could find room, you just let me know Mike.

10. I was thinking more about putting them up above "toddler level", but thanks for the offer guys! [​IMG]

11. Admin

Admin Administrator

What a good looking son NW, must take after his mom [​IMG]
    I have a 4 year old son and a 10 year old son and it's unbelievable how much it helps being short when your out shedding. Anthony has been looking for his first shed for 3 years now and finally scored with his first shed this year, see above pic. When you walk in his bedroom it's sitting on his dresser not to far from his 6 lb largemouth he has mounted,I couldn't be prouder.

12. Patrick

Patrick Guest

A few years ago I'd been given permision to shed hunt a farm I'd seen a nice buck on. After spending many weekends shed hunting and only finding several small sheds the landowners son was out in the pickup truck with his dad and spoted these two in a fence line.

[​IMG]

13. IAdroptine

IAdroptine PMA Member

Nice sheds Patrick, bet you check the fence rows a little harder these days.

14. Admin

Admin Administrator

Was out around 5:00 checking a fence row I had forgot about and grabbed this 4 point shed, here is my other son Nicholas displaying our May find.

[​IMG]

NJH and a nice 4 point shed!