Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Knight Disc Extreme & Blackhorn 209

Liv4Rut

Well I bought a can of blackhorn 209 after reading all the rave reviews and now wondering if maybe I shouldn't have. It seems there is some question whether or not the stuff will ignite reliably when using the red 209 primer jackets. So I am wondering if anyone has tried blackhorn 209 with a knight disc extreme with the red primer jackets? I am currently waiting on the bullets otherwise, I would go out and shoot it. Thanks!!

I'm shooting the Disc Elite, it uses the exact same red primers jackets and breech plug and ignition system as the Extreme, and ignition of the Blackhorn in my gun has NOT been an issue.

I am also shooting a Disc Elite and shooting Blackhorn for the first time. I was told that the night breech plug needs to be drilled out ever so slightly to insure the fail proof ignition. I figured what the heck, and had it done and it performed flawlessly. Rudy from R&R Sports has done several and fixed me up.
Chad

I will def not be shooting anything else after just one trip to the range!!! Amazing stuff!!!

I've also heard all the hype about the knights not igniting, didnt really feel like drilling out my breech so im using 209a's instead. Little hotter flame. Haven't had one lick of trouble.

105 grains of 209 w/250 grain barnes tmz will clover leaf everytime WITHOUT swabbing the barrel! Cant say enough good things about this powder!!!

On a side note: Its kind of expensive!

You won't see me drilling the breech plug. Why would I want more ignition flashback? As for the Blackhorn, no crud ring and the breech plug comes right out are the advantages. Groups are great but I thought they were with Triple-7 too. Cleaning the barrel is fine but around the breech and the breech plug itself are a bear. I miss the T7 and using water for the cleaning. They both have their pluses and minuses, I just have not decided which negatives bother me the most.

If I had your money Moose, I would have 100lbs of the stuff laying around :) Thanks for the tips guys!! Can't wait to try it out.

If I had your money Moose, I would have 100lbs of the stuff laying around :) Thanks for the tips guys!! Can't wait to try it out.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Ahhhh, wrong again meathead. I purchased a new truck a couple months ago. Do you know what those things cost?

Actually, I do know. I bought an 09 Dodge Ram CC Sport a few months ago. New trucks are nice, but expensive....

I just wanted to give an update. The powder worked great with no hangfires. The accuracy seemed the same as 777, but I would say the accuracy is much better for a fouled barrel. It sure was nice to not swab inbetween shots when it was 10 degrees out and snowing. I did notice there is less smoke when shooting side by side with 777. We will see after late muzzy how I like it.

I'm using it and really like it too,I'm going to stay with it.Now if I could just find someone to buy all the triple 7 I got.I'm shooting 110 grain's with a t/c 250 sabot and getting great group's but need to play around some more this next year and see if it can do even better.

Top Bottom