Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Knight Trophy Room

blake

Life Member
Mammoth Iowa Whitetail Deer

From the Knight Rifles Trophy Room

JaredDudley.jpg

On the second evening of Iowa's 2006 shotgun season, Jared watched this 194-pound whitetail buck walk into a corn and bean field food plot just 75 yards away. Before long, the buck was joined by other whitetail deer funneling into the food source.

Cold weather and brisk winds didn't stop Jared from focusing on his prize and seizing the opportunity of a lifetime. From his makeshift ground blind, he eased down the secondary safety of his Knight Extreme muzzleloader and placed a heart-stopping shot with a 175-grain Red Hot bullet pushed by three, 50-grain 777 pellets.

After he'd watching this same deer out of range on three different hunting trips during the 2006 bow season, Jared was eager to see him in range of his Knight Rifle on this brisk Iowa evening.

20-pound Kentucky Gobbler

KonwayTurkey.jpg

After a while of trying to kill either a turkey or a deer anywhere in Kentucky, Bill harvested his first turkey on his very own recently purchased property. "I was hoping 2008 opening day for spring turkey season would be my best chance," he said. "I was geeked to get out and start."

The weather was perfect. Early on, Bill noticed birds moving to the top of a ridge about 100 yards away. He slowly worked his way uphill, calling periodically to keep track of them. Bill skillfully pulled off a sneak maneuver to get a better position, and shot his Knight TK2000 over the ridge toward the 20-pound turkey. "There was nothing but smoke and feathers!" Bill said. "In less than two hours of opening day I accomplished what had eluded me for several years."

Bill's first Kentucky turkey had a 9.25-inch beard, .75 scores, and scored a total of 55.375.

Deer Season Starts with 140" Whitetail Buck

billbukprohood4x6.jpg

The opening of the 2006 firearm season in southeast Iowa was especially cold. After a brutal two-day sit in a tree stand along a dry creek bed, Bill and a friend decided to hunt off the ground on a food plot that had never been hunted before. Tolerating the negative 15-degree temperature and 20-mph winds, they waited amid the tall grasses for the deer to hit the soybeans. "Deer movement was high, but finding the right one was a matter of sitting tight," Bill said.

After an hour, a great 140" buck bounded along the back of the field, about 130 yards away, with a doe in tow. As the doe slowed to turn, Bill clicked off his safety hoping the buck would follow suit.

"He did. I fired, and minutes later I was standing over my first Iowa buck," Bill said. "What a beauty!"

Bear Hunting in Idaho with a Knight Muzzleloader

dustins_bear_300.jpg

Dustin took down this monster black bear in Idaho using his trusty Knight Muzzleloader Rifle. In 2006, Dustin was black bear hunting when he spotted this bulky bruin lurking. Once the black bear came into clear view, he knew this day of bear hunting was going to end with a bang. Dustin took down the beast with his .52 Caliber Knight Long Range Hunter Rifle.

"I used 120 grains of triple 7 and a 325 grain barnes bullet," Dustin said. "Recovery was only 4 yards from point of impact."

Bear hunting is always better when you have a reliable hunting rifle, and Dustin learned that bagging these animals is worth the challenge. Experienced hunters know that bear hunting takes skill and patience, and being able to take a clear shot makes the difference between a trophy bear and a disastrous day of hunting.

PM
Ron Wyllie
Southwest Iowa IBA Area Representative
rwyllie@iowawhitetail.com

Top Bottom