Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lace up boots

Oct-Lull

Looking at getting a new pair of shed hunting boots. Don't really need them insulated. Thinking of going Danner this time after using Rocky boots for years and lately Irish Setter. Irish setters we're by far and away the most comfortable boots but waterproofing was disappointing. Any suggestions? Anyone try the duty boots they make?

Danner Pronghorns - extremely light and comfortable. Can get them uninsulated, 400 g, 800 g, and 1600 g, I believe.

I have a pair of Irish setters but I don't remember the model at the moment. I bought them on clearance at scheels last fall for $100 off and I wish I would of bought 3 pair. Most comfortable boots I have ever owned. I havnt had trouble with the waterproofing yet.

I have never gone wrong with Danners.

FWIW, I have 2 pairs of Danners. I have been very happy with one of them(a higher, up, over the ankle cut) and very unhappy with another(a shorter, right at about the ankle cut). The pair that bombed out way too early fit well and I liked them fine...right up until the leather "blew out" right where the crease/fold is on the side of the boot, right where the base of your toes would be.

To the best of my recollection, I maintained all leather with SnoSeal, etc, this area just seemed to be weaker/thinner leather. The taller boots have been used semi-regularly for years now. I have even had them resoled, which was required because a certain dummy, me, got them too close to too many grass fires/prairie burns over the years. :)

I have two pairs of Danner pronghorns and really like them. They are my go to hiking/bird hunting boots. I always put some shoe goo on them to keep the toes from wearing.

I have a pair of Irish setters but I don't remember the model at the moment. I bought them on clearance at scheels last fall for $100 off and I wish I would of bought 3 pair. Most comfortable boots I have ever owned. I havnt had trouble with the waterproofing yet.
I had Irish Setter Havoc boots and they truly were the most comfortable shoe I ever walked in. Had to send them in right away for leaks and second pair did the same just past a year. I'm lucky two get two years out of any boots

Top Bottom