Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lake Milacs ice fishing resorts?

ReinertsonTaxidermy

I'd like to go this winter and was hoping to get some reviews. We want the full service deal. Cost is the last of our worries. We would like a nice place with a bar, food, etc. All the holes ready to go. Relaxation is the key goal. I'd like to just eat, drink, and catch some fish while being comfortable the whole time.

Anybody know a good place?

I just booked an ice house with Appledoor's resort. They have everything in the cabin you need. But it's not guided and I assume your talking about Mille Lacs lake.

I went with a group of 6 other guys last winter. We used Nitty's on Hunter's Point. Stayed out on the ice and had a blast. Fishing was pretty good.

Low

If you don't mind driving a little further, Lake of the Woods is great ice fishing. The difference is the fish bite more during the day and usually more consistent. Last year we caught limits of walleye, sauger and caught over 40 tulibee.

Very good action! Not uncommon to catch 25-50 fish in one day out of a fish house. All kinds of good resorts (Sportsmans, Cyrus, Wigwam, Ballards)

If you don't mind driving a little further, Lake of the Woods is great ice fishing. The difference is the fish bite more during the day and usually more consistent. Last year we caught limits of walleye, sauger and caught over 40 tulibee.

Very good action! Not uncommon to catch 25-50 fish in one day out of a fish house. All kinds of good resorts (Sportsmans, Cyrus, Wigwam, Ballards)

What the heck is a tulibee?

images

also known as cisco or lake herring Excellent smoked

Last edited:

x2 on LOTW. I've only had one bad year of ice fishing up there, and that was after a big wind storm that stirred everything up. NOBODY caught any fish for 2 days. However, I've been up there probably 8 times in the last few years. We have been to Arneson's, Sportsman's, Scheusters, and Ballards. All of them had similar accommodations as far as they will do everything for you. If I had to recommend one over any other, it would be Ballards. The bar is awesome, the food is great, and they have some awesome guides, who consistently put you on fish. We continue to go back there every year.

x2 on LOTW. I've only had one bad year of ice fishing up there, and that was after a big wind storm that stirred everything up. NOBODY caught any fish for 2 days. However, I've been up there probably 8 times in the last few years. We have been to Arneson's, Sportsman's, Scheusters, and Ballards. All of them had similar accommodations as far as they will do everything for you. If I had to recommend one over any other, it would be Ballards. The bar is awesome, the food is great, and they have some awesome guides, who consistently put you on fish. We continue to go back there every year.

I'd follow that up about Lake of the Woods, consistently produces fish, great area, lots of fun...that being said, Mille Lacs is quite a lake, just heard that they numbers of keeping size fish are down on Mille Lacs

Have fun:drink2:

Think waxes are worth bringing? To the lake? I always like using Russian head jigs.( marmuska jigs)

I can't wait till Friday. We head up there then. I have heard the fish are hammering . I hope it's better fishing then iowa

It sounds like the slot fish ate finally biting. Gold, silver and glow in the dark blue works. 18 inches of ice right now. Perch are starting to bite. Also ice trolling has been working well. But I will head up to sunset bay Friday. I will update when I get back

Well u said I would get back to you. We fish all weekend and caught one walleye and 20 perch all in the 5 inch range. Talked to everyone and everyone else is in the same boat

Top Bottom