Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lake Milacs ice fishing resorts?

Hopefully it gets better for us this coming weekend

Do you know where you are going yet? Are you using a resort? We are headed up there on Thursday, fishing Friday and Saturday out of The Wharf Resort, and staying in an "Ice Cabin". Maybe we will see you up there.

We caught one fish in 3 days. Our guide was more worried about the camera crew that was filming for some new ice fishing reality TV show than us. In fact, he didn't even check on us for a day and a half. We never even marked a fish on the 3 vexilars we had going in the 3 days other than the one fish.

The ice cabin was nice, but from the impression we got from the resort was that our expectations were too high. I guess if one fish is acceptable for 4 guys in three days and over $1200 spent, I won't be going back. I understand the fishing was slow for everyone, but the service was crappy, and they didn't even try to do anything else to put you on fish.

At least I'm now on the way up to lake of the woods. Hopefully the fishing will be better, couldn't be worse.

Yeah we stayed at Appledoorm's and the service sucked. We lost heat and our generator ran out of gas.

Top Bottom