Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lakosky

Reit38

I've seen a bit of talking going around on Facebook about Lee tagging a deer with the wrong tag but I was sent this today in a text

Appears to be legitimate. just did a quick search on Iowa courts online.

Attachments

• IMG_1835.PNG
    IMG_1835.PNG
    136.9 KB · Views: 134
Accidentally putting a wrong tag on deer can happen to anyone. Mistakes happen. But if he bought the tag after he shot it well that's a different story.

Too bad. Hate to throw shade at a guy without knowing all the details. It surprises me at how many buddies I know who think stuff like this is no big deal. Then they wonder why I don't want to hunt with them. I'll be interested to hear what Lee has to say, hopefully he mans up and learns from his mistake.

Reactions: arm
Too bad. Hate to throw shade at a guy without knowing all the details. It surprises me at how many buddies I know who think stuff like this is no big deal. Then they wonder why I don't want to hunt with them. I'll be interested to hear what Lee has to say, hopefully he mans up and learns from his mistake.
He's addressed it on social media. I believe him. I can see mixing tags up happening. He owned it. I don't think there was an purposeful misintent. Nothing to see there IMO.

He's addressed it on social media. I believe him. I can see mixing tags up happening. He owned it. I don't think there was an purposeful misintent. Nothing to see there IMO.

Where does the confusion lie when he shot the deer before the tag was even purchased??? Assuming you didn't see the original poster's picture he shared. Clearly showing Lee shot the buck, then went and purchased a tag to put on it. If he was legal, he would have had a tag to put on the deer prior to shooting that deer, going and buying one after the deer was killed? I mean who is he trying to fool.

It is though extremely strange that the original poster some how got the actual ticket sent to him, which means either Lee had to take a picture to send around, one of his shady buddies took a pic or the game warden........something seems odd about that piece of paper even getting out to the public.

Where does the confusion lie when he shot the deer before the tag was even purchased??? Assuming you didn't see the original poster's picture he shared. Clearly showing Lee shot the buck, then went and purchased a tag to put on it. If he was legal, he would have had a tag to put on the deer prior to shooting that deer, going and buying one after the deer was killed? I mean who is he trying to fool.

It is though extremely strange that the original poster some how got the actual ticket sent to him, which means either Lee had to take a picture to send around, one of his shady buddies took a pic or the game warden........something seems odd about that piece of paper even getting out to the public.

I'm no quiver sniffer but I question the authenticity of the citation posted by the OP.

Now I feel dirty posting on a celebrity thread. Subject is 13 pages long on AT.

Am I reading the citation correctly when it says that Lee is 50 years old with a birth year of 1966? That can't be correct can it? He seems younger than that.

Last edited:
I'm no quiver sniffer but I question the authenticity of the citation posted by the OP.

I felt dirty too!

If someone took the time to fabricate the document just to trash Lee's name, you'd have to be one giant nutcase!

I just feel like celebrity or not, you break the law you get punished. I do feel for the guy though, because this stuff happens all the time. Accident or no accident it's part of it and always will be. Guys always bending/breaking the law when it comes to this type of stuff.

This would be easy to do. I usually have an Urban ZOne any sex tag, a bow anysex tag, a landowner any sex tag and several urban zone antlerless tags. Leave the guy alone. He had a tag for the deer.

I tend to think it was an honest mistake. At least I hope it was. The only issue I see is the citation clearly says he bought the tag after the harvest. But his statement says he had the valid tag, just accidentally used the wrong one. The way I see it, the CO found out, took care of it, fined him and that's that. I'm sure more specific info will come to light eventually, but for now....it's shed season!

This would be easy to do. I usually have an Urban ZOne any sex tag, a bow anysex tag, a landowner any sex tag and several urban zone antlerless tags. Leave the guy alone. He had a tag for the deer.

Aren't you a police officer? Laws are laws correct? He broke a law, was cited. Sucks he's chosen the lifestyle he has and is under the microscope 24-7 but guess that comes with the territory. If you don't want your neighbors to know your dirty laundry don't hang your laundry on the clothes line for everybody to see.

Last edited:
Lee should become a non-resident! If you only archery hunt you get one buck tag and one doe tag every 3 or 4 years. It really cuts down on tag mistakes!

We may be talking 2 separate incidents and has only made a statement about using the wrong tag. The pic that was posted says he was cited for transport with no tag.

I can see an honest mistake having a few tags in your pocket. I'm just wondering how the transport with no tag came about

Last edited:
[
Aren't you a police officer? Laws are laws correct? He broke a law, was cited. Sucks he's chosen the lifestyle he has and is under the microscope 24-7 but guess that comes with the territory. If you don't want your neighbors to know your dirty laundry don't hang your laundry on the clothes line for everybody to see.
Just don't see the big deal about it. He paid the fine.

He says he put the wrong tag on it. Not went and purchased the tag after he shot it.

Top Bottom