Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Last Minute Buck

Liv4Rut

Well the summary of the last 4 days was COLD. I hunted every morning and evening but didn't see many bucks. The couple good ones I seen had either shed one side or was busted up. The coolest morning was when I stalked to within 30 yards of a bedded would be 140s 8 pointer had he had a G2 that was missing. I sat there for 15 minutes without him having a clue I was there.

Now to the last day. For the last sit of the year I decided to go hunt the opposite side of this big point with Muzzhunter that had been seeing some good deer every night but they kept coming out one side or the other offering him no shots. I decided to take one side and he took the other. I seen a few deer early but not much movement for the last hour. I checked my clock when I seen a deer moving up towards muzzhunter and I had 5 minutes left of shooting light. I pulled up the binos and it was a doe. I seen another deer approach and pulled up the binos and I caught a side profile of the buck below for about 20 seconds. The deer were heading straight for Muzzhunter so I was getting prepared for ugly betty to bark. Right when they hit the field edge they turned and started heading back through the timber towards me offering him no shot. The buck looked good enough from the side due to the long tines for the last 2 minutes of the season so I decided if I got a shot I would take it. The buck popped out of this depression at 120 yards and I lined up the scope and let her bark. The buck fell in his tracks. All in all it was a great hunt and end to a long cold season. I still can't feel my toes after falling through the ice earlier in the day and sitting the last two hours with damp feet. Congratts to everyone this year!! :way:

982-dscn0963.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work man! Fell through the ice and still hunted with wet feet in those temps? Holy titanium nuts you must have. :D

Congrats Mike, I shot mine the last minute of the last day last night after missing him the night before at 150 yards, talk about a long dang cold season! I'm just glad the weather held out for the whole thing.

Top Bottom