Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late Muzzleloader Buck

Liv4Rut

Well everyone it was a unexpected short late muzzleloader season for me. It was Saturday evening before the big storm and it was starting to pour down rain I was kind of questioning my sanity but I had a brand new goretex mt050 suit that I hadn't worn all season long, so I was gonna test it out. I was sitting there kind of hunched up in the tree facing the lower end of the field where I expected the deer to come from when I looked over my shoulder and saw this buck running at me full bore from the other end of the field. I went on autopilot and started fumbling for my gun because I had the scope caps on and it was facing upside down to keep rain from going in the barrel. About the time I flipped up the scope caps he saw me from about 60 yards out. I knew it was either now or never so I put the scope right above the shoulder and shot. He fell down then got back up and ran accross the field and went in the timber. I knew he was hit hard and he looked like he was about to go down. Well I waited till dark and couldn't find an ounce of blood due to the rain. I waited till the next morning and found him with 5 inches of fresh snow on him 40 yards across the fence in a nasty thicket.

DSCN0631.JPG

DSCN0633.JPG

Nice heavy racked buck, Congrats!

And hunting in those conditions, die hard. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Nice buck Mike, congrats again. Now go kill a bigger one with the bow. I suppose your dad already told you about mine, I'll get a pic on here with a story.

hoofline.gif

Congrats Mike nice deer! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming an iowawhitetail PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

Top Bottom