Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late muzzleloader conditions

Rutty

it looks like the daytime highs tommrow will be in the upper 30’s as opposed to 50 today. Do you think it’s enough to get mature bucks on their feet? Also, curious of your guys opinions on cloudy vs sunny? Do you think it’s better hunting late season with sunny high pressure days and temps in high 40s or would you rather have low pressure cloudy day with temps in 30’s if you had to pick one? I know ideal would be sunny and really cold with snow but it can’t always be perfect. I know you just gotta be out there regardless of weather but what is your guys opinion?

It's possible, but I wouldn't bet my late season on it. Personally, I'm laying low and hanging my hopes on the weather change that looks to be coming after Christmas. One really good hunt is all you need in late season. Pressuring the deer before the ones you want have become active can ruin your chances before you ever really had a chance. imo

I think if you have unpressured deer and food you should hunt when you can. If you are hunting areas that get shotgun hunted its going to take cold weather to get them moving in the daylight.

No real cold until possibly the first wk of Jan. Heavy Rain for most of Iowa mid/late next week. Not snow. For that go to Minn or Dakotas. Maybe NW Iowa?

Top Bottom