Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late muzzleloader

G

Is anyone doing any good.The snow and cold are almost to much.I've only been able to get out once so far but hope to go out more after Xmas.

Friday night I harvested a beautiful buck I tell you what it was brutal out there.I don't know what was worse walking a half mile through a foot of snow or the sub zero temps. This was my first year muzz. hunting I borrowed a knight from a friend of mine I think I'm hooked now. Keep going good luck.

What weather! I had -18 this morning. All the snow has been a real treat! I doing a little recreational snowshoeing Wednesday afternoon. First time user, I may rent a pair to hunt a day or two. Crossing fences could be a pain. I went out twice over standing corn with no luck. When it was so windy a week or so ago I walked up on a nice 8pt. but I was setting up to call coyotes with a .243 and a shotgun. Might know. He'll make a good deer to bow hunt next year. Then again I may see him this week. I'm off until Sunday night. Time to loose some X-mas fat! Good luck! Us late season guys are HARD! (hard to understand)

Hey Magg's boiling that bow tag first makes it easier to eat!

[This message has been edited by scout (edited 12-26-2000).]

I have been hunting since October. Passed on several nice animals early hunting for the big boys. Have seen several 160 plus deer, but they have all disappeared in this cold weather. I have hunted 5 days since the opener and have seen very little. Thinking about moving my stands to the edges of some thickets where they are browsing now. Have not seen much activity in the grain fields. I am either on the wrong fields, or the snow is too deep. I am continuing to brave the cold, but wish I had a muzzleloader tag instead of the bow tag i have. My wife did well opening day ( December 18) and took a 150 class 12 pointer. I like to think about how happy i am for her while I am freezing up in my treestands. I am going to stick it out, besides, how much colder can it get. I wish everyone else out there braving the elements the best of luck.

It sounds like my standing cornfield idea may not work out,I'me going out tomarrow and was going to set up on standing corn.
Do you guy's think it would be better to still hunt thicket's or set up on the corn?By the way this field is borderd by a thick stand of cedar's.

Careful there Scout! I haven't decided to eat it just yet. Some of those early deer are looking pretty good right now.Who knows; if it doesn't warm up we can have a potluck of tag stew. Late muzzleloader as well as bow! Maggs.
PS:It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

The deer tag stew will be a little watery this year Maggs. No late muzzleloader tag in it! I did my part to support the QDM concept!
(sounds better that way)

Top Bottom