Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late Season Tips

A

Admin

It looks like Anthony and I are finally getting out next week. Hopefully the wind and weather will straighten up.

What's everyone seeing? Any late season tips? I am a late season ambusher anyway, seldom use a call, but with my young partner will need to do some "trickin em".

TLH

Late season ambushes are good, been there done that!! The last two weeks of 4th are always that magic time since, from what I've noticed on the road, the hens are starting to finally nest. Earlier in the week I noticed many single toms or groups of toms strutting with no hens near by, if you can get within a hundred yards or so they should be ready and willing to come to a call. As you probably know try to position up hill of them or on a route they're used to. Of course not everything works the way its suppposed to, this year all my sound theories have backfired and I'm still lookin' for a bird. Hope you have some luck and if you can spare some send it my way!!

Tony,
Birds were responding great this morning! Called three with in bow range in about an hour, two came in together, my buddy got one of them. While we were out getting that one another one fired up and he came in and never really presented a good shot so I passed. The birds came from quite a distance to get to us. I think ole mr. longbeard is starting to get lonely... This weekend should be awesome.

sounds like i picked a good weekend to try for my first bird need all the luck i can get. to all that will be out chasing Mr Tom good luck

You guys got it pinned down. I just want to add be careful lots of mushroom hunters out! I've been walked in on twice now.
Pupster

Pupster,
Bow...I don't know that either of us will go back to a gun. Have had an incredible year so far! Looking forward to the next ten days!

Top Bottom