Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Leech Lake Report

BDAHMS

Be here Now
a few buddies and I leave for Leech Lake next Thursday and we will be staying through Monday (labor day) For the money- you cant beat this trip- but has anyone been up there recently? Any good spots on fire right now? I just bought a LB of leeches and have my lures ready for trolling - just itching to get up there. Last year we caught multiple muskie over 40" and lots of Pike- this year we are targeting walleye and Perch (never fished for perch)

any tips would be appreciated!

a few buddies and I leave for Leech Lake next Thursday and we will be staying through Monday (labor day) For the money- you cant beat this trip- but has anyone been up there recently? Any good spots on fire right now? I just bought a LB of leeches and have my lures ready for trolling - just itching to get up there. Last year we caught multiple muskie over 40" and lots of Pike- this year we are targeting walleye and Perch (never fished for perch)

any tips would be appreciated!

Sounds like you should be giving out the fishing tips!! :D I was sort of thinking about a short trip to Leech Lake next year, how did you go after the muskies?

My only experience fishing for perch has been incidental to walleye fishing at Lake of the Woods, where we primarily catch walleyes by bottom bouncing minnow tipped lead head jigs. It does seem as though the perch we picked up were in a little shallower water than where the better walleye bite was. So if we were catching walleyes in 18'-22', the perch began showing up when we were in 14'-16' of water.

I have no idea if that experience would help at Leech Lake though. Good luck, it sounds like a great trip!

We go to Anderson cove resort every Labor Day and its ran by a great family. You get a cabin- a boat for every 2 people and its Friday- Monday Labor Day weekend. Only $300/ person

We got all our Muskie trolling with large Mepps spinner baits in about 10' of water.

Top Bottom