Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

LEGISLATION

katy

Ballagh
I got this from the Iowa Legislations web site. These are some of the bills that are in the legislature right now. When I find out some more info I will post it.
Total Number of entries = 13
Bills that have been introduced
DEER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

House File (HF)
95, 158, 315, 509, 622, 2049, 2059, 2062, 2071.
House Joint Resolution (HJR)
Senate File (SF)
18, 40, 65.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HF 95 Allow deer hunters to use first regular gun deer hunting season licenses with unused tags during second regular gun deer hunting season.
HF 95 - similar to HF 519 na.
HF 158 Farm deer. HF 158 - similar to companions HF 376 and SF 248 - all similar to companions SF 421 and HF 624 ag. HF 624 approved 5-23-03.

HF 315 Issuance of certain deer hunting licenses for various gun seasons. HF 315.

HF 509 Establish task force and implement administrative strategy for chronic wasting disease in deer and elk. HF 509. Approved 4-24-03.

HF 622 Issuance of free deer hunting license to owner or family member of non-resident owner of land or farm. HF 622.

HF 2049 Allow senior residents to hunt deer during youth and severely disabled deer hunting season. HF 2049.

HF 2059 Prohibit consideration of accident involving deer in peace officer's employment in establishment of insurance rates. HF 2059.

HF 2062 Increasing damages payable upon conviction of unlawful activities involving antlered deer. HF 2062.

HF 2071 Require natural resource commission increase number of nonresident deer hunting licenses available. HF 2071.

HJR 5 Nullifying administrative rules of DNR concerning taking wild turkey and deer with bow and arrow. HJR 5. Sent to secretary of state 4-23-03.

SF 18 More turkey and deer hunting licenses for nonresidents. SF 18 - similar to HF 461.

SF 40 Issuance of free deer hunting licenses, disposition of harvested meat to public institutions. SF 40 - similar to SF 397. SF 397 approved 4-28-03.

SF 65 Free deer hunting licenses for landowners. SF 65.

Give me you input on some of these issues.

What does HJR 5 accomplish? To vague.

Looks like another busy session for IBA members.

wall.gif
wall.gif
wall.gif
wall.gif
wall.gif
wall.gif
wall.gif
wall.gif
wall.gif
30570-chair.gif

It is pretty vague, My goal for this week is to get some anwsers from somebody as to what some of these actually mean, and to see where all our Licensce and tag money are going to. When I find out I'll let you know.
30570-chair.gif
icon_chain.gif

HJR5 was a resolution to help define a legal definition of a bow.DNR asked for some help from IBA on definition.Mainly to keep draw lock with a shooting tube out.

Supertech,

Thanks for posting these. It would be nice to know who is responsible for having these ideas sponsored into the legislature also. DNR, Outfitters, ETC?

Right now it appears we have 3 separate bills concerning the increased allocation of NR anysex tags. Is this right? I thought SF 18 died last session?

Will be looking foreward to additional info.

I also sent you a PM.

Am I reading HF95 correctly? Allow 1st season gun hunter with unused tag to hunt second season? You would have to be a fool to buy a 2nd season tag. Buy 1st season and hunt both seasons. This is horrible!

There are lots of rumors and misinformation on the deer issues in the legislature.

Nothing has been done yet,but there is some movement on a few items.

In the next few days the IBA Legislative Committee will be sending out the most current and accurate information available.It will be posted on this website.

If there is movement on a bill you need to be ready to make some phone calls to be legislator. Believe me those phone calls work, be polite,to the point,and thank them for their support.
893soapbox-thumb[1].gif
OK I'm done

I second the phone calls. It's suprising how few people are in contact with their legislators on issues close to their heart. A couple phone calls from the people they represent can make a huge difference.

If you aren't comfortable in speaking with them on the phone at least shoot them an e-mail with your thoughts. They will get back to you. Please remember to be polite.
893soapbox-thumb[1].gif

waytogo.gif

Top Bottom