Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Liberty's Tom

What a morning! I had the spot scouted but they really didn't follow the decoy script as the toms were all about live hens and fighting other toms, till we finally coaxed some hens to check us out. Then the whole shitery came to check us out. We had 30-40 turkeys all with in 10-30 yds. I felt like I couldn't even move so I left the camera pointed at the decoy. When the toms finally got into range a fight broke out and they all scattered. We were having terrible luck getting one to commit. So finally here comes one from the scuffle but he is not slowing up as hes walking by at 20 yds. I'm telling the kid to shoot it when all the sudden she falls off her chair and the whole field clears out.:eek: At this point I'm a bit upset at what just happened as I figured that was possibly our only chance. 5 mins later out walks the bird she got. So actually it worked out for the best as she didn't fire into the whole wad of birds to wisen everything up. Although the beard is lacking on the tom due to beard rot, bird in hand! Memories made
8 1/2" x 3/4" x 23.6Lbs

Last edited:
LOL! Something tells me that this story will be retold many times in the future. Great stuff, congrats!!
That is exactly what I told her. I've never had that many birds all in at one time, the footage captures about half of them. I was so tied up in knots, then my kid falls off her chair and they all run away. Some lessons were discussed....from that's a POS chair, to you don't need to rest your gun on the side of the blind on a walking tom, to things could have been way worse with a gun off safe. It wasn't funny the first time but the 2nd time was hilarious to me when she's lying flat on the ground asking if she got it.

I just now watched the video...that was hilarious. :) I think it is also very cool that as a father you had fun with the foibles too, some guys might have gotten pretty frustrated there and lost a super father/daughter moment. Nice job dad!! Love it!!

Top Bottom