Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lineville Area

MO-APE

I drove through the area last night a few hours after dark on the way to Omaha. I honestly have never had so many close call deer collisions in a 15 mile stretch of road. Not over estimating but I had 14 deer run in front of me and saw at least 25-30 other solos/groups standing on the roadside. It was unreal...Talk about white knuckles! I hate to say this, but you guys need to take out some does!

Not sure if that area was flooded pushing them to higher ground.

Lots of deer and lots of big pieces of property. Every time I think of Lineville I think of that gas station that is just into MO. It seems when I go in there the line is about 10 deep and it is mostly people from Iowa buying cigarettes....cartons at a time. They stack those suckers on pallets in there....lol. Seems to be an inordinate amount of coyotes down there too.

Weird...I too have had quite a few potential close calls with deer on the road in the front of me in the past month or so too...way more than normal. This after not seeing very many deer at all driving to and from my farm over the past couple of years. It seems as though the population is bouncing back pretty fast and strong following the EHD die offs and over-harvest seasons.

I felt like I was in a high-fence game preserve. I was literally laughing out loud as I was driving 35 on a 55 MPH highway and dodging those jokers.

I felt like I was in a high-fence game preserve. I was literally laughing out loud as I was driving 35 on a 55 MPH highway and dodging those jokers.

Yep, kill em all. God for bid you'd see a high number of deer in one area. :rolleyes:

Funny thing is- when u do find "high density pockets" it's usually because of giant land owners or something along those lines. Specifically the group & area that is almost "immune" from all the farm bureau pushes to put all the stupid seasons and quotas in place. Kill em all. It's the "little guys" and "little landowners" which is most of Iowa that gets impacted by FB and big landowner areas laugh off the regulations and do what they want anyways. Always will be pockets like this no matter if u make deer extinct in some counties of Iowa. Thankfully the best deer hunting is up north of Des Moines in Iowa and anything south is garbage, worthless deer deserts and wasteland.

I've drove those roads on the IA side around Lineville and the amount of deer and particularly big deer is eye opening.

Randy's has some killer ice cream (or at least they used to). Have not got that ice cream in a few years, but just reminded myself to stop back in there next time I am home visiting family there.

Last edited:
That's probably where the governors hunt is going to be next year. Terry's transplanting them.:D

Watch out for the deer and escaped bovine in Decatur County-- be careful on the road guys!!!

Top Bottom