Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Little Help from any Waterfowlers

iabwhntr

I got this email this afternoon from Polk County. I'd love to help them out myself but I'm no waterfowler.

Can anyone here be of assistance? I know it's short notice but that's how it goes sometimes.

Thanks,

We have lost a couple mentors for our Youth Waterfowl Hunt this coming Saturday (10/11) to unexpected commitments. We have found one replacement, but need another.

Mentors should be experienced and passionate waterfowl hunters with a desire to share their skills and knowledge with kids (age 12 - 15) who are interested in waterfowl hunting, but need support to foster this interest. Mentors will need to provide decoys.

All participants in the hunt will meet at 5 am on Saturday, October 11 in the Longhouse for breakfast, door prizes (for kids) and blind selection. Groups will hunt until about 10 am and need to return to the duck parking lot no later than 11 am for photos and story telling.

If you have interest and availability please respond to this email.

Thank you!
Doug Sheeley
Natural Resources Supervisor
Chichaqua Bottoms Greenbelt
Polk County Conservation
8700 NE 126th Avenue
Maxwell, IA 50161
515-967-2596
515-967-1057 (FAX)
515-249-2515 (cell)

Here's his email: Doug.Sheeley@polkcountyiowa.gov

Last edited:
If I wasn't busy and helping the local CO here I'd definitely help out..there have been birds flying everywhere down there lately

Top Bottom