Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Live Chat with DNR official

risto2351

I was just looking for the state wrestling brackets and see that on Monday at 12:00 CST there will be a live chat on the Des Moines Register via the internet with Mr. Leopold of the Iowa DNR.
I will have to watch this one. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

"Title: Live chat at noon on Monday, Feb. 16, with DNR chief Richard Leopold

Date: Monday February 16, 2009
Time: 12:00PM CST "

I got in on the last 45 minutes or so. I thought it was a good session, but I think he avoided a few of the hot botton qustions though.

The 'Bonker

Bonk,
He was very political. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I will be waiting for tht aerial survey for deer to come out.
They will lose a lot more habitat and hunters if they let more NR in.

I thought it was funny how he kind of glossed over the NR antlerless quota was not met but the anysex tags were.

His answer on HUSH funding was less than I wanted. He threw it right back on the shoulders of the hunter to bear the cost. I thought I even gave him an "attaboy" on that one then he came back with "what ever YOU can get passed through the legislature".

Still, I liked the format and I'd like to do it again.

The 'Bonker

hoofline.gif

I didn’t get to listen to this program. I certainly wish I had known about it I would have participated.

Having said that, I have talked via the net with DNR Chief Richard Leopold. There is little doubt in my mind that he does NOT have the interest of resident Iowa hunters in his heart and mind. He is ready, willing, and able to sell resident hunters out to the highest bidder! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Mr. Leopold is IMO nothing more than a lap dog for FOI, State Farm, & Chet Culver!
thumbs_down.gif

<span style="color: #CC0000">This post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of iowawhitail.com, the administrators of this website, or any of the moderators. This post is my personal opinion only!</span>
1857272.gif

hoofline.gif

398ibalogo_1_.gif

PM
Ron Wyllie
Southwest Iowa IBA Area Representative
rwyllie@iowawhitetail.com

His daughter goes to my school, Im thinking I should make her ask her dad about what he thinks and maybe change his mind

Here is a link to the transcript of the live chat from today.

DNR Chat

The list of sessions is at the bottom of the page. Click on the DNR session and then click on replay.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom