Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

local seed sources

bjkpharmd

Anyone have a local seed source for plot items more exotic than clover, beans, corn, alfalfa, ...? I have bought clover, beans, corn, rye local but ordered off the web in the past. Where do you buy your seed?

Our local COOP is getting involved in selling these products now. You can get just about anything mixed up you want. Might be worth a shot, and help support the local guy!

Lang Enterprises in Donnellson can get you about anything you would want to plant in SE Iowa. There number is 319-835-5560. Most of the "exotic" seeds they have are simply bought wholesale from somewhere else and sold again retail, so the seed is not grown locally if that is what you are looking for.

I order most of my unusual seed from Cooperseed. I believe they are in Georgia. They have got a good online site to order from.

I've bought a CRP grasses mixes from: http://www.welterseed.com/

I have also ordered seed (oats, alfalfa, more generic stuff) from the elevator in Riverside (on the left across on Hiway 22 as you head west through town). Welters is probably worth the drive, plus they give you a jar of honey if you place a decent order
smile.gif

Top Bottom