Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Locker's

10hunter

PMA Member
Looking for any suggestions on a good locker in central\NE Iowa...say north of I-80 and east of I-35. Looking more for "processed" meats. Sticks, sausage, etc.
Wanting to try another locker for something different. Currently use Edgewood and still will with some meat but looking for another option.

We split our stuff between protivin and Elma. I am personally partial to protivin for their summer sausage

I've taken my meat to Mark's Locker in Rowley for several years. They do a great job for a reasonable price.

Elma is very solid. In fact I do some hunting with the owner, roger Meirick.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Oren locker has the best sticks i have ever had. This year took my buck to wadena everything had has been very good

Shot a deer early muzzleloader. We had taken him beef before so we had his cell number. Called him and he said it was unlocked and to drop it off and he would put it in the cooler in an hour when he was back because the cooler was locked. Keep in mind it was like 70 degrees outside and not any cooler in the back part of the locker. Got a call the next day and he told us he didn't put it in the cooler and it was "iffy". We told him to Cape it(was a good buck) and either pitch the meat if he thought it was bad or hush it if he thought it could be salvaged because I didn't want to eat it after sitting that long in that temp. He told us that he wasn't going to touch the deer and we could come pick the damn thing up except his words were much more unpleasant. That is the last animal he will ever see from us. Only cost us 2 hours round trip twice, a cape, and the meat. Summer project is getting set up to process our own so that won't be a problem.

Last edited:
Most of mine in the past has gone to Elma, great people and great prices IMO... Protivin kinda shafted us one year, so we never went back... Osage is good, just spendy... This year we took 195 lbs to Elma, and 80 to Edgewood... guess we will see how the outcome is... I have heard tons of good things about Ohrts too

Can't go wrong with edgewood. Have had good look there with both deer and hogs. Always been happy with them. Have had stuff given to me from some buddies from protivin and thought it tasted great too.

Can't go wrong with edgewood. Have had good look there with both deer and hogs. Always been happy with them. Have had stuff given to me from some buddies from protivin and thought it tasted great too.
agree - Edgewood Locker is great!

Locker in Holstein, IA....45 mins east of sioux city or so??

They make those Teifenthaler brats...oh man are those good.

I've got to agree. A bit expensive, but really good eating!

We took a 60 lbs to the Newhall Locker in Newhall last year. It is roughly 10 miles east of Atkins, IA in east-central Iowa, just North of Highway 30. Their deer sticks are very good! We will definitely take more meat over there again this year. I haven't had anything else from there yet, but they seemed to have a good selection.

Thanks for all the good advice fellas. I may give Ohrts a try since I will be driving close to there tomorrow. Any suggestions on what any of you like from there?

Top Bottom