Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf, Alpha or Assault

hayseed

Preferences. Alpha has 14x12 seat, Assault has 8x12 seat. Is 8x12 comfortable. Assault is 10.5 lbs on web site but I see catalogs listing it as 8.5.
Opinions please.

Assault is my preference...I'm a big guy, around 260 lbs, and I feel completely comfortable in the Assault. The LW's are great tree stands! 2 lbs doesn't make much difference but that assault is very light for the platform size.

Like the seat on the Alpha over the Assault's but will still say I prefer the Assault.

Either one is far superior to anything else I've sat in.

It would be perfect if they had the big seat on the assault so that way the sticks wouldn't come loose as often. Or just make the assault seat a little bigger.

I would go w/ the assault if I had a choice...especially if you are planning on the scout, hang, and hunt tactic. They are just so light and so easy to hang.

Tyler,
Lay the sticks on their side and cinch em down with the hook strap. Works slick and is snug.

Hayseed,
I like the new assaults. But have several alpha hang ons. If you are going to pack in and hunt and pack it out I would agree the assault is tough to beat because of the weight. You don't think that is much until you use both. There is a noticeable difference.

Either way you won't go wrong. If you get the assault make sure it is at least a 07, they changed them so the leveling system and hook system is compatible with them. The earlier models you could just use the v bracket.

Top Bottom