Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf...first use this morning...

Shoot2Kill

For those of you that saw my first post yesterday about my problems with missing parts to my new Lone Wolf, here is an update.

I went out this morning and used it before heading back down to Cabelas to exchange it. I absolutely LOVE it. From getting to the base of my tree and being in place in my stand took 15 minutes...with very little noise in the process...and much less sweat! I hung it in the yard last night after I got home, but to see it really go up in a tree that quickly is amazing. I tried my hardest to get it to make some kind of noice just to test it all out before I got down. Not once could I get it to make any noise at all. I am a true believer and until I own my own land, or have exclusive rights to private land I will never use my other lock-ons again until I can put them in the tree before the season and leave them there.

After my hunt I shot back to Cabelas and exchanged it, and made sure all the parts were there...but....the easy hang on hook with the strap wasn't in there. The hook was, but no strap. We opened up 5 other boxes and it was the same for all of them. Is this a part you have to order separately?

Hearing your thoughts Muddy, maybe I will just try it out for a while and see how it goes. It was incredibly easy to hang even without the easy hang hook. Thanks for your input.

I'm hooked. Can't wait to have a harvest photo with the stand in it!!
peace.gif

You are supposed to use one of the straps that hook to a versa button for the easy hang hook. Glad you like the stand...they are awesome....

I use a little cable loop on the back of my stand to hang on with the hook. The V bracket makes it impossible to do otherwise as it pushes the stand out from the tree. Once it's hung I then have both hands to do whatever I need. I put the straps on the versa buttons and then take it OFF the hook before I set it in. I may be doing more work than what is necessary but then again, M350 said I could never do anything the easy way! To each their own I guess. Good luck figuring out what way works best/easiest for you!

I haven't seen Muddy's cable setup, so it might be the better way to go, but here is a picture of what I made for mine.

582Cable-med.JPG

That's what I was trying to make Rack, just don't have the mechanical skill that you do.
wink.gif
I'll have to try again because it's sure easier to put those straps on the versa buttons after hanging it on that little loop.

I have one of those V-bracket cable extensions, thanks to my friend from Springfield, Missouri.
waytogo.gif

I really like it, it is quiet when hanging the stand on the V-bracket, and it makes putting the straps on the versa buttons easier.
smile.gif

I am guessing it will be mid November before they ship... I am going to buy a bunch next summer so I don't have to wait again...
grin.gif

Why dont you guys just take the vbracket off, then just use the hook on top and put a strap on the bottom versa button?

Why? I tried the top button, but then the bottom still shifts around. I tried putting just a strap on the bottom button and nothing else, it still supports my weight.
grin.gif

Your not pulling it tight enough with the platform up. Then cam lock the platform down and it will be rock solid... See if Mike will get up there with one strap on the bottom button...
evil.gif

I like the extra rear end space that v-bracket allows. Also like the fact that the sticks pack nicely into the v-bracket. I am curious if anyone has tried the new v-bracket that is more accomodating of angled and knurly trees. Supposedly it will not fit last years alpha hang-on.

While I am posting, has anyone had the top end of the hand climber slip past the edge on the seat? It happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I concentrate now on holding the belt with both hands and drawing them in to keep it from happening again.

NE1022Buck,
I understand what you are saying about getting the seat away from the tree and that has been addressed with the new model. There is more room with the hook but still more with the "bat wing". Yes, much better in my opinion.
waytogo.gif

Limb - I ordered the new alpha assualt this past summer from my local pro-shop. Will it have the new bracket? I have a 14 year old that is working on his first bow harvest and my thoughts were that I could carry last years alpha w the sticks and he could carry the new assualt. We could set up in the same tree. I used the alpha last year but am starting to take a liking to the hand climber when I'm on my own due to weight and stuff to deal with when coming out at night.

Since the assualt hasn't arrived yet we are making due with some old Gorilla stands.

Top Bottom