Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf...first use this morning...

Yes it will have the new bracket if they ever get them done...
grin.gif
I think it will be a great stand for your 14 y/o!
waytogo.gif

I simply tried one strap on the bottom just to test if the top strap failed, would the bottom strap alone hold me. This test was conducted at only 3 feet in the air.
grin.gif

Yeah,
Now I'm confused. The instructions say if you use the hook it replaces the top strap. I've got a new LW too and I've been hanging the hook and putting an additional strap on the bottom versa button. I used shredders suggested technique to get the straps tight and it's rock solid. So many of you use the v-bracket that I think I'm missing out on something. It sure is easy to hang with the hook.

Danno,
The instructions do say that and that is probably the way you should do it... I think if you are on a crooked tree there is an advantage to the bracket and it does set you further away from the tree... I have been using the hook and the bat wing with success. I just leave the hook loose enough to hook the seat.

I might be a "belt and suspenders" guy, but I've been using my Lone Wolf with the hook and straps on BOTH the versa buttons. Makes for a rock solid setup. I figured, why only put on one strap, when it only take a couple of seconds to put on the second strap. Haven't tried using that V-bracket yet. Just haven't had the need, I guess.

The stand is AWESOME. I love it!

Best thing about this stand is the versatility. Don't like one way then try it another way. Regardless of how we all use the stand you don't hear complaints on it. Awesome investment.

I've been away from the forum for a couple days...due to having to WORK again. Not working for 4 months was sure fun.
smile.gif
Anyway...thanks for all your thoughts with the stand. I really think I'm going to love it. I can't wait for this weekend to give it another go.

Here's a question for those of you that don't use the V bracket. How do you carry your sticks or should I say secure your sticks to your load for the trec in. Also is was wondering how different the setup was as far as packing with the batwing bracket?

It all fits together nicely in the daylight. In the dark, well, it doesn't. 2 or 3 extra bunge cords and everything stays together. I'm still exerimenting with the best way to pack everything. I have a cabelas gun/bow pack and it just doesn't fit me right (too big). I may go to straping a small pack on the stand and using the straps. If I have to pack it more than a 1/2 mile or so, I think loading everything on a frame pack may be more comfortable. Oh, I don't have the batwings, just using the hook without the bracket.

As for packing it in an out, I've got four sticks, so i've been putting then in pairs on either side of the seat post and strapping them to the stand platform nylon straps (with quick release buckles. Then I attached the whole assembly to my Badlands 2200s using the straps on the pack's "batwings", and away we go. That pack makes carrying the stand and sticks easy and quiet.

I have just been using the two straps on the versa bottons around all four sticks nesseled into the Vbracket as designed. NebraskaWhitetail it sound like you use the straps/buckles similarly only you place your stick in pairs on either side of the post. I can see that this would be a tighter package, lower profile. I have considered removing a Vbracket from one stand because the boys would be more comfortable hanging it on the hook. Packing of the sticks has made me reluctant to do it. I think it is time to play with this in the yard a bit.

I had pretty much given up on the hook system since I like the v-bracket until I read that someone loosens up the hook with enough slack to hang the LW with the v-bracket. I had some hook straps left in trees from last year and tried it this weekend. It worked pretty well. I have been using one strap on the top button and the extra attachment point is an added benefit. Also tried turning my Monster fanny around to my belly to pack the stand on my back and liked it as well. You got to love the ideas you guys share on this forum.

Only problem is that as it gets colder I will be changing back to the 2200 and all that weight seems like a lot of stress on those batwings.

It might put some stress on the batwings, but just remember that great Badlands warranty. If anything on the pack ever gets damaged for any reason, send it back to them and they'll repair it for FREE!

You guys finally sold me on the LW stand and I had Rudd order one for me. That is one great stand, thanks Rudd!
Here is another option for carrying the sticks that may work for some of you. I didnt feel like messing with a bunch of straps and bungie cords at 4am the other morning so I grabbed the Mossy Oak cordura bag that my folding lawn chair came in (you know, the wally world ones). The bag is camo, tough, has a shoulder strap, and holds at least 5 sticks. The chair bag is the perfect length, just slide them in, throw it over your shoulder and go.

I looked like a walking Cabelas catalog. Bow in left hand, stand on back with the Monster fanny strapped to that, bag of sticks over right shoulder, and trail cam and duffel bag of extra clothes in right hand. It was a full load!

Top Bottom