Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf...first use this morning...

Sounds like a job for a modified golf bag cart.
evil.gif
grin.gif

AGS

I think I'd half assed stack them together than put them in the bag. I then lay them on their sides and cinch them down on the back of my stand. Brute strength often times has prevailed where my brain has failed.
cool.gif

The sticks did not rattle in the bag. I stacked 4 of them like your supposed to and slid the 5th in next to those. I suppose if you normally flop around a bunch in the woods then they might rattle but if you just walk like a regular fella you wont have a problem.
grin.gif

The bag probably isnt the best solution for long trips but worked pretty good for a quickie hunt.

Another great way to keep them quiet is to stack them normally and then wrap them in your coat. I know that I always get too warm walking in so by wrapping them up it kills two birds with one stone. Keeps them quiet and keeps me cooler.

Even I have room for improvement, especially after meeting you and seeing where my obvious faults lie.

Dang...these options being brought up about this stand are genious. I've been stacking the sticks onto the back of the stand, placing my fanny pack on one side of the sticks, with my extra clothes rolled up on the other, and then tightening down the easy hang hook strap as tight as I can and it's all rock solid. I then wiggle my rattling antlers in-between the bungees for a no accident rattle session on the way in. I then strap it onto my pack frame with bungees and I'm off. Nothing to carry but my bow. I too feel like a walking Cabelas advertisement. This weekend I'll take a picture of it all.

Hopefully someday I'll own my own ground and not have to pack stands in every hunt!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
and seeing where my obvious faults lie

[/ QUOTE ]

...nope. nevermind...........some things are just too damned easy

Wow, there are some good ideas related to packing these stands. I am trying something this year that has cut the time to "pack up" my stand in half, and it is totally quiet. If you look at the upper left corner of the stand in the first photo, you will see a small grey plastic box that I tie-banded to the stand. I lay the stand on the ground, leave all straps attached to the versa-buttons, but place the buckle portion in the box. I do this one at a time and they never get tangled. There is a hole cut at each end to let the straps in and out. The second photo shows the box opened.
To strap the steps to the stand, I do use an over-center boat-to-trailer strap which gives you the tighness of a ratchet strap (vs. rubber straps) but without the noise. This is not shown in the photo.
902P1100014-med.JPG
902P1100016-med.JPG

Top Bottom