Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf sticks - step problems

muddy

I've had my LW sticks for quite a few years now. The steps flip back and forth a little loose but an allen wrench fixes that. This past year I've noticed that where the step rests upon the support bolt (either side it's flipped to) is starting to wear on ALL the steps on each side of them.

Does LW replace the steps under warranty by any chance?

The little wear causes the step to point SLIGHTLY towards the ground rather than be level and I did slip once this year. Want to get this fixed ASAP.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

Matt,
Why don't you give them a call. I have had a set for close to four years now and they show no signs of wear.

Yeah, probably for the best. I got a week or two off now. In the meantime I am sitting here with ratchet and wrenches flipping the step over a 180.

Hey Muddy, I have the same problem, I just assumed it was from my big a$$ climbing on em'. Let me know what ya hear!

I have that problem too, My steps have huge gouges in them at the point where they contact the stick. Its getting kind of scary and I have a 5 inch gash across my shin from those sticks from early november. I would be happy man if they simply made them with a little hook on the end of the stick so your foot couldnt slide off.

Fellas call them, they need to know this stuff. I haven't had a problem. I looked at mine and they are showing a little ware but not to that point yet. Give them a call and let them know. I am sure they will ship you new steps they have a lifetime warranty. I am definatly going to watch mine closely now.

It's on my "to do" list come Monday... call them, not start a cabbage diet. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Lettuce... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif know what they say, I would be interested to know how many more of you guys and gals are experiencing this? BTW, where the heck is KAT!?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LIV4RUT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be happy man if they simply made them with a little hook on the end of the stick so your foot couldnt slide off. </div></div>

I agree. Makes me a little nervous sometimes climbing up with muddy/wet boots.

Mine aren't wearing like that but they do loosen up fairly fast after I've tightened the steps. It could be that I need to go on that lettuce diet also?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> BTW, where the heck is KAT!? </div></div>

No crap, she's really disappeared.

My steps loosen up quickly and I'm a little s$%^ so the lettuce diet won't cure this.

I haven't had the problem yet, but agree with the Hook/knob on the end.. Additionally if the knob was plain not anodized, a guy could see it in the dark backing down the tree.

had that problem too ! went down to ace hardware got the same bolt`s for less then ten dollars

Talked to Lone Wolf today and the steps are not covered under any warranty. In order to have them fixed a person has to order new step kits and I forgot the cost she quoted me... I think about $40 to replace all the steps on three sticks. She said they would throw in an extra three steps for "free" to replace the ones on my 4th stick.

I was not expecting this but they were prompt and up front with their reply. For a temporary fix I just took the steps off and turned them around on the stick. They work like new and will probably be fine for the next few years and after that I'll worry about replacing them if/when the time comes about.

I suggest that anyone else with this problem call 'em up and voice your concerns.

Top Bottom