Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf sticks - step problems

Heck, treesteps are easier to carry anyway! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Yeah, there was no room for debate, I was told I had to buy the steps and to be honest it ain't sitting real well in my stomach. I didn't have time to complete the transaction over the phone but will be calling back and will attempt to dicker with them a bit. Maybe I can get a shirt or something.

Yes, it is under new ownership. Andrae is still the president but has nothing to do with the retail end. Unfortunate. It is apparently about the bottom line now.

Dont these things come with a lifetime warranty??

im thinking of getting a set, and at the price, id expect the company to stand behind their product, no questions asked.....

kinda reconsidering now.....

keep us posted Mudster, im interested to know!!

Thomas,
They are a very good company that puts out a great product. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase anything from them. I have two sets of 4 sticks and they show little wear and I use them every time I go in to the woods.

I've got 16 sticks and never had any problems...what the heck at you guys using them for??? Baseball bats?

All I ever do it tighten the lock nuts on the steps if they become a little loose once a year.

My sticks have went to hell. I got one with a 30 degree bend in it and the rest need tightened. I went back to a good set of steps.

Muddy- could you take pix and post them???

id be interested in seeing how the 'wear and tear' actually looks....as i am strongly considering an Assult and sticks as my next purchase

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Muddy- could you take pix and post them???

id be interested in seeing how the 'wear and tear' actually looks....as i am strongly considering an Assult and sticks as my next purchase </div></div>

Two words $

EZ CLIMB!!

In all fairness I have not tried the Lone Wolf steps, so I will reserve judgement,but they look cumbersome for trying to climb through thick cover.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">look cumbersome for trying to climb through thick cover. </div></div>

I don't speak Gopher would you mind explaining...? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

By no means are my sticks unusable right now and as far as I'm concerned they're still the best things out on the market. The worn areas are nothing major, but since the step itself is no longer pointing slightly up from the ground and is now more horizontal with the ground they are just a little easier to slip off of. I took pictures and circled the worn areas. Some steps are worse than others and the pictures are of two of the worse off steps. I simply flipped the step around on the stick so now they are perfect again. I will email the pictures to lone wolf today and see what they have to say... I imagine I'll get the same response but you never know, might get lucky. If a lot of people started contacting them with the same problem I imagine that it would become more of a concern that they'd have to deal with.

step1.JPG

step2.JPG

Crap I better look at mine.....you scrawny guys are having problems, imagine packing an extra hundy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">look cumbersome for trying to climb through thick cover. </div></div>

I don't speak Gopher would you mind explaining...? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Well, for starters since I spent 8 years at U-Wisconsin, the last 4 being in Mad-town....I'm technically a Badger!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Though I suppose if the Goph's were ever worth a Sh!t at anything I might convert back to being a fan.

i'm on hold with them and raising a ruckus... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

B.S.

They only cover their cast aluminum platforms, anything else is only 1 year limited warranty.

Looks like I'll be dropping some coin and buying the replacement steps now rather than down the road when they'll probably cost more.

Annoying, looks like it's a cabbage diet for me.

I was thinking about dropping Limb's name rather than mine.

Side note... if you end up talking to some lady, you'd best hang up because she is...

what's the word I should delicately use...

"stubborn"

Rudd, I liked your word better.

Top Bottom