Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf sticks - step problems

End of the story is each step will cost $3 to replace... $36 total. Not a huge deal but if it has to be done every few years?

Sorta like an oil change I guess.

DDT - I think a person could bitch enough to get anything on the stands fixed to be honest. I'd be curious to know how this would've been handled under the old ownership.

The customer service was prompt, polite, and honest so that hasn't changed. Even with the squeaky seat there wasn't any problems in talking with them. Now my problem is that I want a new version of the Assault because I want the batwing.

i do have afew steps like that, but not as bad . my bolt`s had dented on edges causing steps to drop alittle.so i changed the bolt` this fall. suppose i better look at my steps alittle closer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EZ CLIMB!! </div></div>

I did a google search and came up with screw in tree steps, are those what you're talking about?

I know if I used screw in steps I'd be kicked off most of my properties! The public land would't like it much either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Earl E. Nove....mber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could a guy use a bolt with a bigger head and get another go round on them? </div></div>

I just flipped them over to the non worn side and they should be good for another few years, then I'll replace them. I don't think a bigger bolt would make a difference on their wear.

One good used seed corn pallet and half of an old aluminum extension ladder and you got yourself a cozy loft. What are climbing sticks anyway? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I looked at three sets of mine last night and only one set is dented like muddys.

First let me say, I am no engineer, but here is what I am thinking. If we can find a bolt that has a longer/taller head to fill the whole indention of the step wouldn't that distribute the weight a little more and possibly reduce or eliminate this all together?

That would probably work really well on the steps that aren't already screwed up.

Muddy... Just out of curiosity, while climbing where do you step, and put the weight.. Close to the tube or out on the end. The further from the tube the more force you will put on the screw head.. Greater mechanical advantage etc. If you are putting most of your weight out towards the end, you could be putting 5-7X more pressure on the contact point

No friggin way I'd put my foot out on the ends of the steps! I slide my boot down the tube until I hit the step. Top steps I put right in the middle of my boot.

I think the wear and tear comes from the fact that I almost exclusively carry my stand/sticks in and hunt from them. Some people on here have 2-5 sets of stands/sticks so the weight gets spread out a bit and some of those people have fixed stands that they hunt out of as well.

I still think that the LW brand is top notch, I just wish they'd have sent me the replacement steps for free, but the overall cost of my safety isn't that big of a deal.

I'm onto my next problem piece of equipment, that being my SKB hard case, which they're simply replacing for free, which I like.

I've had the same thing happen on a couple steps out of the 25 set's of sticks that I own. Flip them around - problem solved.

Top Bottom