Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

looking for a lab pup...

I'm not going to get into a pi$$ing match over purebred vs. mix breed, other than to say that environment & training are powerful determiners on what you end up with, but no more so than genetics. With a purebred, a reputable breeder has (hopefully) done their best to maximize the chances of a positive outcome on that side.

When I was growing up we had a standard poodle that had the worst attitude of any dog alive, didn't like people, other dogs, he'll I don't think he liked himself, but we shot every kind of game bird we had to hunt and that dog retrieved them all, water or dry land. He was very protective of me and my sisters. Didn't know till later that poodles once were hunting dogs. When we would hunt with other people they would joke around about our crappy poodle until Hammer went into action. I think exposure and love of the animal have a lot to do with the end result.

Just giving you all a heads up we put a deposit down on a yellow lab from a kennel in Northern Minn. yesterday. So thanks everyone for your suggestions...

Top Bottom