Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

looking for tree stands

kern66

Looking for a couple used reasonably priced tree stands and climbing sticks. Brand doesn't matter. Thanks!

bought a tree stand for $29 at the Menards (3 years ago) they have good deal on tree stands. I dont remember the brand. Today the cheapest stand is $49 unless its on sale for less than 49 in fall

also they have sticks with ladder in box for $44 or $55 at menards

Just bought a few at theisens. $45 for 20' climbing sticks. $69 for a decent looking hang-on. And a 16' single ladder stand for $99.

We'll see how they work, price was tollerable.

Edit: i had also noticed some decent priced options in the latest sportsmans guide catalog!

Last edited:
Have to secod Menards... We have been buying the hangons with arm rest and sticks each fall when thy go on sale. Usually $125 per set and I think we have about 25 of these sets... Work good, except we always upgrade to better ratchet strap on the stand. Don't make noise in cold,(have hunted them in -10), easy to set up and take down and the sticks are easy as well. I would recommend them to anyone. This thread came up last year on here and there were quite a few guys who were using them with good luck...

Third for menards. I buy a ladder stand every year when they go on sale. Change out the straps and your set.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I prefer the learn to weld. buy a $100.00 110 amp wire flux core welder. Go around to old farm places and ask for anything from old stock racks to tube gates...... I even got 2 free wire corn cribs and then get some 1/2" conduit and a bender. then go to town I have made over $3000.00 dollars worth o stands and sticks in the last few years for a fraction o the cost. i just spent a sat morning fabricating enuf stuff for another 20 stands and 10 sticks to helf a few local youth starters!!

JOSHBRNDT said:
MENARDS and get good ratchet straps.

I was going to say menards as well, and your going to want to buy new ratchet straps. The straps some of the hang-ons come with are not safe in my opinion, kind of scary.

Top Bottom