Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Management 2017

Elvis188

We had an interesting year in Kansas this year. The buck I had let go for two years hoping he would break 200" Typical never showed up, so we decided to get a couple of bully management bucks out of the herd.

Both of these deer were 7.5. We had never had an opportunity to shoot either of these deer in the past. Both were totally nocturnal. They may not score well but they are both true trophies.

Last edited:
  • Deleted by Elvis188
  • Reason: Duplicate
Show…
Management Bucks!!! Holy crap, the mass on the top one is unreal. The bottom one is pretty heavy as well, huge bases on both. Well done and thanks for sharing.

wow...awesome bucks...congrats. So did the big typical show up on trail cam this year or just disappear completely?

wow...awesome bucks...congrats. So did the big typical show up on trail cam this year or just disappear completely?
The big typical disappeared late last year and the small handful of people I know had him on camera have all asked me if I have seen him. Based on conversations no one has him on camera in 2017. Here is a pic of him last year. He was a 7x8 typical

Wow his potential is unreal....body almost looks like a 3 year old in those pics. I can see why you were passing him. Looks like he’d be 200 for sure this year. Hopefully he’s still alive!

Those are some dam nice ones and the big typical is a freak. Hope you get some pics of him still around. Good luck

Those are awesome and u define “management” with those choices and the age of the Bucks is a major trophy!! & ya- I’d love to shoot those- those are dang nice Bucks!!!!

Thanks everyone. We've been working hard the last 4 years to manage this property since I purchased it. It's hard to pass up a buck like either of those. We put the time in and targeted those two. I am fortunate to have a brother who builds custom long range rifles and as it turned out, the heavy drop tine buck decided to make a draw 200 yards from my favorite blind his new home. (his mistake) The tall buck was a bit harder. He wouldn't come out of another draw until the last 5 minutes of light and then was 1/2 mile from my fields and food plots. Big brother set up about 500 yards off the draw and got him with one shot once he got up on his feet. We have big open country with deep rocky oak and cedar draws. The big deer rarely get to feed until after dark. Thankfully we have the ability to cut the distance.

I'm looking forward to next year as we have some bucks with good potential coming up. Hopefully they all make it thru the winter. Someone asked me what these two scored and I told them somewhere between 100" and Awesome, because we didn't even think about putting a tape on them. I think they are both closer to Awesome than 100". ;)

Meathunter: I think the big typical would be 5.5 this year. There are two years of pics of him in my gallery. He was a 6x8 with a spit g-2 two years ago and was a 7x8 last year. I can only hope he walks back into my life again at some point. If not, I would hope someone harvested him versus winter kill. We may never know but I am going to keep my fingers crossed.

Two solid bucks right there.. Congratulations that's a heck of a season.. Love the Mass

Those are some top tier management bucks. Great character on both and easily target bucks for most! Congrats and hope you catch up with the big typical!

Top Bottom