Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Micorsoft funds the anti-hunting movement!!!!!

Old Buck

Life Member
Sorry to bring up bad news but here is some very disturbing information. If you like to hunt, fish or trap your passions are under attack and will be supported by Micosoft. We now live in an age when we must be ready to defend the things we believe in.

For this to change Microsoft needs to be flooded with letters, faxes and phone calls. Emails are easy buy not very effective.

I called but they are closed for the day. I will call again tomorrow. I already have a letter I will send with tomorrows mail. If you are going to join in the fight to protect outdoor sports reply and tell us what you are going to do.

Old Buck

U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance

801 Kingsmill Parkway, Columbus, OH 43229

Ph. 614/888-4868 • Fax 614/888-0326

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Beth Ruth (614) 888-4868 ext. 214

May 31, 2007

Microsoft Funds the Anti-Hunting Movement

(Columbus) – Microsoft has rejected a U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance request to abandon its partnership with the nation’s leading anti-hunting organization.

Microsoft, the software giant, will make a $100,000 donation to the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and is partnering with the group on a pilot program called the i’m Initiative. Through the new program, whenever a Windows Live Messenger user has a conversation using i’m, Microsoft will give a portion of the program’s advertising revenue to one of ten organizations selected by the user. The HSUS is one of the choices, and there is no limit to the amount of money that can be donated.

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance, the nation’s leading sportsmen’s advocacy organization, has urged Microsoft to end its support of HSUS, but the company refused. According to Microsoft representative Tara Kriese, Microsoft believes the i’m Initiative is “a great way to enable people to help causes that are important to them.”

“Microsoft is going to pour hundreds of thousands of dollars, probably more, into an organization that recently issued a manifesto that targets hunting for extinction,” said USSA President Bud Pidgeon. “If there was ever a time for sportsmen to take grassroots action, this is it.”

Sportsmen should contact Microsoft and demand that its financial support of HSUS be terminated. Contact Bill Gates, Chairman, Microsoft, 1 Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052. Phone: (425) 882-8080. Fax: (425) 936-7329.

The Humane Society of the United States opposes all animal use, including trapping, hunting and fishing. It was a key player in the campaigns to outlaw dove hunting in Michigan, trapping in California, and black bear hunting in Colorado. The organization has created a hit list of hunting traditions that it hopes to dismantle, including bear hunting and hunting with hounds.

“The HSUS already has a multi-million dollar budget that it invests in legislative and ballot campaigns to ban trapping and hunting,” said Pidgeon. “The partnership that it has formed with Microsoft, the maker of the Xbox, will allow the organization to make money hand over fist, and continue to fund efforts to ban outdoor sports.”

Sportsmen can make a difference in an issue like this. Companies such as Iams, General Mills, Accor Hotels, Pet Safe, Sears, and Ace Hardware ended relationships with HSUS after thousands of sportsmen levied strong protest.

In 2002, Jeep raised the ire of sportsmen when it aired a blatantly, anti-hunting commercial called the “Deer Hunter.” After a flood of sportsmen’s contacts, Jeep pulled the commercial in three days.

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance is a national association of sportsmen and sportsmen’s organization that protects the rights of hunters, anglers and trappers in the courts, legislatures, at the ballot, in Congress and through public education programs. For more information about the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance and its work, call (614) 888-4868 or visit its website, www.ussportsmen.org.

Did you know that the Leatherman Co. doesn't support hunting either? But I still see lots of outdoorsmen w/ Leatherman tools.

Microsoft will be getting a fax from me Firday. I already called, office was closed for the day. I will try back Friday also.

This stuff makes me sick!!!

The worst part is that Microsoft has such deep pockets, so they
they can keep funding movements like this.

How can we get people with these deep pockets on our side?

Maybe instead of an effort to end the donation campain it would be smarter to try to include groups like DU, PF, NWTF, NWF, RMEF ect.

i agree with moosehunter.

the general idea of giving portions of their advertising revenue to different groups is good, we just have to get some of our groups up there.

i use pirated versions of microsoft anyway, they dont get my money

Here is an update on the situation.

Old Buck

U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance

801 Kingsmill Parkway, Columbus, OH 43229

Ph. 614/888-4868 • Fax 614/888-0326

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Beth Ruth (614) 888-4868 ext. 214

June 6, 2007

HSUS Knows Anti-Hunting Agenda

Will Tarnish “Mainsteam” Reputation

(Columbus) – The Humane Society of the United States is trying to dodge the spotlight that is illuminating its anti-hunting agenda.

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance (USSA), the nation’s premier sportsmen’s advocacy organization, exposed the group’s agenda when it called on Microsoft to end an enormous fundraising project that will finance HSUS campaigns to ban hunting.

In the wake of controversy over Microsoft’s donation to the animal rights group, HSUS Executive Vice President for External Affairs Michael Markarian made claims that his group has no agenda to eliminate hunting. He all but said such a stance would be unpopular as he highlighted his organization’s healthy membership base and said, “you don’t build that type of support unless you have a mainstream mission.”

The Humane Society of the United States tries to market itself as a ‘mainstream’ organization to which every dog and cat owner should belong, but the USSA won’t let HSUS hid the anti-hunting skeletons in its closet. Here are some recent examples of the Humane Society of the United States’ anti-hunting position:

· Led a 2006 ballot campaign to ban dove hunting in Michigan (contributing $1.6 million to the effort);

· Successfully lobbied for the cancellation of the 2006 New Jersey black bear hunt;

· Opposes hunting on National Wildlife Refuges and is a plaintiff in an ongoing federal lawsuit to ban hunting on federal lands;

· Took the lead in a 1994 ballot campaign to ban cougar hunting and bear hunting in Oregon, and has opposed recent efforts to allow hunting to control these wildlife populations;

· The organization’s Wildlife Land Trust Program permanently bans hunting and trapping on properties that come under its control.

A recent decree from HSUS President Wayne Pacelle spells out which aspects of the traditional lifestyle are next on the organization’s hit list.

Pacelle referenced HSUS opposition to hunter recruitment campaigns that encourage newcomers and children to participate in outdoor sports. He also highlighted the organization’s efforts to eliminate legal bear hunting practices and hunting with hounds.

“The Humane Society of the United States invests millions of dollars in efforts to ban hunting and trapping, and it’s time that companies like Microsoft stop adding to the warchest,” said USSA President Bud Pidgeon.

The USSA and American sportsmen have sounded off to Microsoft urging the company to end its relationship with HSUS.

On June 5, Microsoft brushed aside thousands of calls, letters and faxes it received from sportsmen and issued a statement that it “will continue its affiliation with the Humane Society of the United States.” It went on to express excitement with the partnership and tells sportsmen that it does “not plan to make changes in our relationships.”

Sportsmen have been protesting the relationship since the USSA last week informed the conservation community of the software giant’s $100,000 commitment to the anti-hunting group. The HSUS is also to be part of a pilot fundraising venture that will generate uncapped donations.

Sportsmen should continue to contact Microsoft and demand that its financial support of HSUS be terminated. Contact Bill Gates, Chairman, Microsoft, 1 Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052. Phone: (425) 882-8080. Fax: (425) 936-7329.

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance is a national association of sportsmen and sportsmen’s organization that protects the rights of hunters, anglers and trappers in the courts, legislatures, at the ballot, in Congress and through public education programs. For more information about the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance and its work, call (614) 888-4868 or visit its website, www.ussportsmen.org.

Well this morning when I was on break at work checking my e-mails, I got the NWTF email and they were already on the case. I will make the call tomarrow! Watch out Bill Gates!

Top Bottom