Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Midwest Haybale Blinds (Do not buy!!)

I bought on of these earlier this summer. Started putting it together today ( to wet to be farming ) and what a piece of crap !!!! I bought this blind because of the straw wrap and because it looked like a real bale. As soon as I started pulling the straw wrap out of the box I knew I was in trouble. All the straw is falling out of the netting , I mean bad. Big holes in the netting with no straw. I just trying to save you guys some money do not buy a Midwest Haybale Blind !!!!!
IMG_20171006_115502_950.jpg
IMG_20171006_115543_763.jpg
IMG_20171006_115637_841.jpg
IMG_20171006_115854_668.jpg

If you are going to keep it, you will have to restuff it every year or two anyhow. I know, kinda sucks, but have to do this on my homemade ones too. I just buy a bale of hay and go to work every year filling in the gaps.

Not sure what you paid but you can build them for about $150 just for future reference.

I am sorry to hear about your misfortunes...but I did LOL at the picture of the shovel being used to clean up the mess. Sorry! :)

On the plus side...even with these types of headaches, this style of blind can be VERY effective. Long story short...I had a giant at 4 yards one afternoon last year and for several minutes and I could have plunked him easy...but since he was just 4 years old...he got a pass.

Last edited:
Well I think I got this mess figured out . Got the blind done , took all the lose straw and repacked the netting , then I sprayed the whole thing down with 3m outdoor spray adhesive . This worked really well. I'm pretty happy with it now but WILL NOT buy another one ! Looked at a Redneck bale blind the other day MUCH better !! FYI

The muddy may not have real hay but I have shot several deer out it with my bow and for 269 I just take the cover off after season and put in a trashcan with a lid and save for next season

Top Bottom