Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Minnesota’s whitetail deer radio collar study

8b58ebc4a90342d19618d12453e56284.jpg

Why do they put the last couple sentences in there? Seems out of place in relation to the rest of the article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A young buck that was collared in PA years ago relocated 127 miles into West Virginia so it doesn't surprise me. Were the deer they collard buck, doe or both? Never heard of does relocating that far.

Just an opinion but that article is clearly a biased analysis of the data released from the study with the authors personal feelings rather than an article specifically in regards to the information gathered from the study. Not judging the article but want to make sure we all are not making CWD thoughts on this article. I read into the data to say that individual animals CAN move long distances but the average dispersal is MUCH smaller. Just my thoughts and a response to Kaleb's question as to why the last few sentences don't flow with the rest of the article.

That's really interesting. Not so much in the regards to CWD, but just the dispersal in general. I never would have guessed deer would travel so much, 33% travel over 5 miles. Now you know why you will get trail cam pics or see a buck one time and never see them again. It would be really fun to be a part of a team that does this radio collared tracking, would be super interesting, not just to see where all the deer goes, but how long some of the will live etc.

Top Bottom