Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Minnesota/Wisconsin bear hunts?

bigbuckhunter88

PMA Member
My brother and his fiance are planning a bear hunt for their honeymoon and they think they have an outfitter picked out but he asked me to get some input. Any info is appreciated. Canada is an option as well I believe.

In my opinion after having hunted Minnesota and Saskatchewan I'd go to Saskatchewan every time Just more bears and greater opportunity

Ontario is a sleeper, lots of bears, little pressure and very reasonable prices. I've seen some monsters while fishing LOTW'S!!

I'm heading to Birtch Dale Lodge in Ontario in August! Never been there before so I don't have any feedback for you yet! Im going on a bow hunt but they also offer gun hunts!

Let's talk. Don't waste your time in the states. Thats like going to NEIA for a pheasant hunt :)

Everything I've ever looked at in planning a bear hunt says if it's worth doing it's worth going North of the border.

There is a guide service in NW MN that has good success. It is in the no quota zone so you would draw for sure. Big bears up in that area, and no hassle with crossing the border.

The wooded terrain is the same as in Canada. Very remote area!

Not saying it is better than Canada, but it is an option. If you need more details let me know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom