Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Miscanthus x Gianteus

Didn't realize they took off this early... They starting popping up about a week ago. This is last years new planting. They are def spreading out too. New "crop" will go in soon enough.

IMG_20160421_174547295_zpsd6ostdcr.jpg

Yes sir they germinate ahead of native grass. Got alot of growing to do. That being said I burned off my switchgrass Sunday evening and its getting green already. Old stand.

Thought this was worth a quick update. These are second year plants as of today (pretty much done growing). This is the low ground area where it is growing the best...loves WET. Stuff in pic is about 9'. It def is working on certain sight lines I was trying to cut down. Year 3 next year should take another jump.

IMG_20160923_142116533_zps1zmsxznn.jpg

I wasn't able to spray any atrazine this spring. I would assume it should be ok to spray 24d soon to control the broadleaves?

I wasn't able to spray any atrazine this spring. I would assume it should be ok to spray 24d soon to control the broadleaves?

Sure and u could still add atrazine if u wanted. 2,4-d is pretty potent stuff so just be mindful when spraying it.

For what its worth I have hit MG pretty hard with 2,4-D. It is completely unfazed and really flourishes without the weed comp.

I am looking at doing Miscanthus x Gianteus this spring. I assume there is a big advantage of using this over the Egyptian wheat every year?

Top Bottom