Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Missouri Moose

Ryan Wyllie

picture.php

Nov. 14th: I spotted this buck herding a doe shortly after day break. Unfortunately they were on property that I could not hunt on.

The buck was being bother by other bucks wanting to get to "his" doe so I sat and watch them. Finally, the doe had enough; got up and starting running. They jumped the fence crossed the road and jumped the fence again.

Now they were running straight at a very brushy ditch and a small wood lot that was my neighbor’s property which I could hunt; and part of that little brushy draw was on my property.

I sat down in that ditch by the deer trail for two and a half hours before this doe came walking by at 20 yards. The buck was right behind her; the 45-70 barked………….

This rack was rough scored by a certified score whom happens to be a taxidermist.

The deer is a main frame 8 with a lot of massive throughout.

23” inside spread
26” main beams
40+” of circumfirence
Gross Score: 181

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I still can't believe it! :way:

Blackpawsline.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Bullwinkle

Congrats on a dandy whitetail Ryan. You desire it son.

I'll post some of my side photos of the rack tomorrow.

This is a very impressive deer guys and gals. :way:

Great buck!!!! Awesome 8!! But 23in spread + 26in beams + 40in circum = 115. Which means you would have to have 66 inches in tine length....Im not seeing that.

Very nice buck! Although, I'm not sure you can really classify a .45-70 as barking...that's more of a thunderous roar, isn't it? :D

Top Bottom