Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Missouri scrub buck

nannyslayer

Finally had some time to get out and hunt rifle season. Opening morning found me over looking a river bottom. A lot of deer traveling Saturday morning when this one and another 8 point (smaller buck) stepped out at 340 yards. One shot from the 7 mag and he hit the dirt.

Was a nice welcome back to Missouri deer (other than the nanny I killed with my bow). Was also very nice to be able to share deer camp with all of my family again.

image-64.jpg

Impressed, very impressed. Thought you'd be sending me a pic of a really nice spike or something :) That's a dandy!!!

That's a very nice buck Nanny! Are you sure he didn't follow your moving van from Iowa? :D I didn't think Misery had any nice ones like that! :D

Last edited:
Congrats to you on a nice buck. Deer camp is special but a dying tradition.

I can honestly say it's getting stronger down here. Still many camps with multiple generations at them. Heck, just at our camp we have 4 generations there.

One thing that is making Missouri a better hunting spot, for southeast Missouri anyways, is that people are starting to let those young little bucks go and kill a doe instead. Now if a 125 inch 2 year old still comes by most people, he's going to get wacked, but it's a start to let the little guys go. Plus, our farms are pretty decent when it comes to whitetails anyways. We are fortunate enough to have good deer on the farm.

Awesome 8!! I love deer camp as well. I'm lucky enough to spend a week every year during the rut with 5 close friends. Just makes hunting that much better. Congrats!

Top Bottom