Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mixing clovers

Monsterbuck

Planning on frost seeding in some existing clover that is getting thin. Is there any issue of mixing red and white clovers? Either overseeding one with the other or seeding both in the same area?

Planning on frost seeding in some existing clover that is getting thin. Is there any issue of mixing red and white clovers? Either overseeding one with the other or seeding both in the same area?

No, and quite frankly clover SHOULD be mixed. Anyone planting one variety of clover is missing the boat a bit. Mix a few whites (Ladino, alice white, Kopu, dutch white, etc), a couple reds (medium red, big leafed, etc). Just avoid the annual clovers as they cannot be frost seeded unless you buy some of the new ones one special coating.

No, and quite frankly clover SHOULD be mixed. Anyone planting one variety of clover is missing the boat a bit. Mix a few whites (Ladino, alice white, Kopu, dutch white, etc), a couple reds (medium red, big leafed, etc). Just avoid the annual clovers as they cannot be frost seeded unless you buy some of the new ones one special coating.
Great. Thanks for the response.

I definitely purchase perennial varieties and I try and overseed at least every couple years. I don't have quality tillage equipment so I am a big fan of frost seeding.

Top Bottom