Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mobile tree stand setups

That is awesome! I wish lone wolf would come out with something like that so I don't have to buy all new stands just for that option!

Like in my other thread, wish I would of known this from the beginning of my bow hunting career 5-6 years ago.. I would of just bought a truck load of those 25$ 20 foot sticks and recievers and have a bunch of recievers no one else could hunt unless they packed in an XOP stand...

I have been looking to go to a mobile setup and this thread is awesome. One question I have is I how do you guys carry your backpack that use the molle system?

I don't have a picture on my phone, but I started folding my seat to 90 degrees off my stand and running my cables through the tabs off the seat. It provides a base that your pack can rest on and all you have to do is secure it up top. I carry my sticks in by my side with a caddy I made, which is just a shoulder strap with two clips on each end (kind of like the bow carriers they make.) I don't like putting my sticks on my stand anymore because of the metal on metal contact and how much room they take up that could be used for all my outer layers and gear.

I have been looking to go to a mobile setup and this thread is awesome. One question I have is I how do you guys carry your backpack that use the molle system?

Okay thanks that sounds like it would be awesome I am leaning towards getting lone wolf sticks and a really light hawk stand for about half the price of a lone wolf. Carrying my sticks like that would also solve any troubles getting the sticks to connect to the stand.

Late to the party, but I've been a mobile lone wolfer for several years now, and here's a couple tips I've learned that I've been reminded of after reading through this thread. Sorry I don't have any pics on my phone- I can maybe add some later if needed.

-get some hockey tape (can order rolls off eBay or something similar - even camo!) and wrap your sticks in it. Makes the sticks much nicer to handle, quieter, don't get cold, etc.

-get a white paint pen and paint some little white dots in the grooves of your steps.. makes finding your steps in the dark waaay easier in the dark

-I stack my 4 sticks together, then lay them sideways on my stand and just use two rubber tarp straps to secure them. Easier than messing around with the stand straps, and more secure.

I'm not a huge fan of the quick hang things.. I find that the stand will go in more trees and level better with the batwing bracket, and then I only use the top strap. (That tip came directly from the guy that made those stands). Put the top strap around the tree, step onto the stand (careful to step straight down onto the platform and not kick it out sideways), turn around and face the tree, kneel with one knee on seat and hug the tree. Take your other foot and reach back and hook the front of the platform with your toes, and lift the platform up slightly. The stand will slide down the tree and inch or two and the batwing bracket will bite tightly into the bark and the stand will be 100% solid.

Andy- awesome paint job on that stand!!

There was a post about Innovative Treestands awhile back. First off, the cheap ones were some kind of reject or something that were sold off cheap and not by the actual company. I got my hands on two of them. After messing around with them, I am going to do the guy right and order one from the actual company. I have gotten these stands into the most twisted, crooked, bent trees and they are solid. Mayy take a few more minutes to get it adjusted right, but you have 4 pts of contact to the tree and at around 9 pounds they feel like a feather on my back. I am also thinking of switching to Hawk Helium sticks. They have steps on both sides and more space of the tree.

I throw the shoulder straps of the back pack over the jagged part of the platform that digs into the tree when hanging the stand . Throw the shoulder straps of the back pack over the V of the stand.

Top Bottom