Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Monday Monster

I will stay with my mid 150's guess and that pic makes him look pretty young. Could be a monster in the future!

2013-11-25003_zps70f98c75.jpg

2013-11-25004_zpsb507bf5e.jpg

2013-11-25005_zps18d48f8e.jpg

2013-11-25006_zpsd655a036.jpg

2013-11-25007_zpsbd77abeb.jpg

2013-11-27004_zpsb2573f24.jpg

160, needs another year or two rediculous potential. You'll be sorry if you shoot him this year, I would be content on already having a deer down this guy looks like he's gonna stay. Love to see pics a year from now.

160, needs another year or two rediculous potential. You'll be sorry if you shoot him this year, I would be content on already having a deer down this guy looks like he's gonna stay. Love to see pics a year from now.

He's getting a pass from me. Hopefully the other hunters are with me and let him go. I have already talked to two of the hunters in the area about him and going to talk to a third tomorrow. I believe they are all for passing him.

That deer isn't 3.5, but if you can truly pass him, more power to you.

Snap the picture from the stand when you do.

These pics all come from directly under my stand. The scrape is literally straight down. I can pass him because I will most likely not see him this year during bow season and I also have a few other mature bucks that I want more than him. Something about a big 8 point that out does this.

Ok, here goes

I, ALSO WOULD GUESS 150-154. TOUGH ANGLES BUT I WOULD GO WITH 3.5YO AND 150-154. A VERY NICE BUCK, BUT, IMHO, LET HIM WALK AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS ALWAYS TAKING A CHANCE. BUT TO HELP SHOW I PRACTICE WOULD I JUST SUGGESTED HERE ARE SOME PICS OF A 3.5 YO I WILL LET WALK THIS YEAR. HOPE TO SEE WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE AT 5-6
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
I, ALSO WOULD GUESS 150-154. TOUGH ANGLES BUT I WOULD GO WITH 3.5YO AND 150-154. A VERY NICE BUCK, BUT, IMHO, LET HIM WALK AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS ALWAYS TAKING A CHANCE. BUT TO HELP SHOW I PRACTICE WOULD I JUST SUGGESTED HERE ARE SOME PICS OF A 3.5 YO I WILL LET WALK THIS YEAR. HOPE TO SEE WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE AT 5-6

Thanks for giving me hopes on passing him. I'm just dreading these next two weeks with shotgunners driving around everywhere and pushing. As long as he is staying where I think he is during the day he should be safe. Hopefully he shows on camera again after the season

That is what it takes to grow/kill 200+" deer instead of just dreaming about them in the stand and hoping for a miracle. :way:

Bpul, that is an absolute stud! Good luck with that guy. Hopefully he makes it a couple more years!

If he was young as you say, that is a real bummer no matter how you slice it.

Don't second guess yourself on passing him. If you believe he was young then you did the right thing. Sometimes they get shot but sometimes they survive...and when they do survive, your reward can be HUGE! You are young and your time will come soon enough at this pace.

If he was young as you say, that is a real bummer no matter how you slice it.

Don't second guess yourself on passing him. If you believe he was young then you did the right thing. Sometimes they get shot but sometimes they survive...and when they do survive, your reward can be HUGE! You are young and your time will come soon enough at this pace.

Yep, right on! I've had probably better than 50% make it that I wanted to in the past. Absolutely some get killed. And like above, super reward when you do get a crack at an older age which will happen at some point. Keep doing what you're doing. I would be very dissapointed about the guy who smoked the young & dumb dude with the potential if he got old, but there will be more and I still think you did the right thing IMO.

you know the guy who shot him?!?!? I know it would be a jack-hole thing to do but it would be funny if he saw this thread and realized how often this buck has been passed and how young he was (unless it was some young kid or dude's 1st buck which i'd lay a nickel on it wasn't - just a hunch). Yes, I know, wanker thing to do but it'd be funny & interesting! :D

**and BPUL - awesome man!!! If more seasoned hunters were like you - EVERYONE would have incredibly better hunting, EVERYONE. But, not the reality, so - you wanna be my neighbor?!?!? :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom