Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Monday Monster

Stinks to see a buck you passed and have history with hanging from somebody's rafters! Tough break!

Tough break Curtis. But that's the thing about central Iowa. Lots of hunters and not a lot of undisturbed habitat for lot of deer to get really old. It amazes me that some of those crafty bucks can make it to 5 or 6 around here with the pressure but a few of them do. Just keep on doing what your doing and it'll come together.

Tough break Curtis. But that's the thing about central Iowa. Lots of hunters and not a lot of undisturbed habitat for lot of deer to get really old. It amazes me that some of those crafty bucks can make it to 5 or 6 around here with the pressure but a few of them do. Just keep on doing what your doing and it'll come together.

Thanks, have a few big 8s and one big 10 that I know of left waiting for Monday have the big ten patterned. Comes by my stand at around 8 every morning. And you are right about the hunters. We have 9 bow hunters in 3 square miles and barely any timber here. Gets pretty tough. Every one is in the managing mindset which helps. The guy who got this buck only hunts 1st season on the edge of his property and for the rest of the year the timber is off limits.

Knuckle, if you ever want some one to shed hunt with let me know.

Last edited:
Are you sure it's the same deer double splits on his left does not look like the same deer. To me any way

Are you sure it's the same deer double splits on his left does not look like the same deer. To me any way

Yep same buck, was showing up daily until shotgun season and found out why.. now just waiting to shed hunt due to the fact I haven't been seeing any shooters during this late season.

Been there before Curtis. Neighbor shot a 153" 3.5 year old last year that was a bummer. Keep passing and some will make it, some won't.

Well, this year, have another giant 3.5 year old that made it all the way through (miracles do happen sometimes). Really thought there was no way he would not get shot given the track record of other great young deer in the past. Look forward to someone taking him this year, should have kickers all over the place this coming fall!!

**and BPUL - awesome man!!! If more seasoned hunters were like you - EVERYONE would have incredibly better hunting, EVERYONE. But, not the reality, so - you wanna be my neighbor?!?!? :)

No doubt!! That's the what I'll be looking for if/when I get to buy more ground. Increase the contiguous acreage so more of those great young deer can really show the potential.

Top Bottom