Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Most Accurate Muzz

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
I have had a number of muzzleloaders and have been happy with them. Right now I have a CVA Optima Pro that I am comfortable shooting at 200, and groups well at 100. Which is now for sale.

I have decided that I am buying my Last muzzle loader. I want to by the most accurate gun I can get, and want to be into it for under $700. I have the glass already but need help picking out the gun.

I am open to suggestions. Lay it on me.

Knight disc extream. Best barrels on the market! You get a good scope Nikon omega. You mess around with different weight and kinds of bullets along with differnt power brands and grains. Spend the money on bullets and powder and find out what groups best> good luck

Knight disc extream. Best barrels on the market! You get a good scope Nikon omega. You mess around with different weight and kinds of bullets along with differnt power brands and grains. Spend the money on bullets and powder and find out what groups best> good luck

th_bowing.gif

Knight Disc Extreme or Long Range Hunter!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I was thinking the good ol Omega with the 28" barrel. My ol mans Triumph is also a tack driver.

Outside of custom, I think the CVA Accura V2, Apex and the new Mountain rifle are the best on the market combined with the BH209 breech plug. It is known the Bergara barrel is the best of the best. Even the TC Pro Hunter guys who want the best buy the Bergara Barrel for theirs. The adjustable triggers are amazing and they are one of the cleanest shooting guns I have seen. I am sure the savage smokeless is awesome with the accutrigger as well. I think the trigger makes the gun half the time.

I've owned two knights and my dad has owned two knights. 1 MK85, two disc extremes and a KP1. They shoot good but I could never go back to one. They flat out shoot dirty from the breech plug back. Plus your scope gets covered in crap. They need to redesign this area or they are going to head right back out of business. I've looked at the new designs and they appear to be the same. What is crazy is I always thought Knight was the best until I bought my new one.

Here is a 200 yard 3 shot group off a crappy rest with my accura v2. Not too bad but would love to put it in a lead sled to see what it would do. FYI I was aiming at the top of the black like a high shoulder shot at 200. It was dropping 3 to 3.5 inches. All the other holes in the target are arrow holes when I was practicing at 70 & 80 yards this summer.
982-cva_group.jpg

Last edited:
TC Omega or
TC Encore or
Any new Knight or
Savage

There are others too but I don't have enough experience with any to recommend them.

I've always said accuracy is only as good as the shooter ;)

But in all seriousness, I own a TC Omega and no complaints whatsoever. The Omega scope as well... I love the TCs, but haven't shot any other muzz brand so not a good reference. My gun groups well at 200 yards (never tried further) and I don't fathom taking a shot past 200, so its all well and good here!

If you want the best of the best I would maybe look at one of the Savages that you can shoot smokeless powder out of.

Love my Pro Hunter Nick. With that said, I bought a little 100 dollar black muzzy a couple years ago just for fun, rarely clean it, leave it loaded for months at a time, and it shoots damn near in the same hole at 100 yards every time :grin: go figure. I let my youth hunter use it this year and it shot lights out as expected. Not sure on the brand, but I'll sell it to you for 700$ with the case. :D

Can't go wrong with the Omega or the Pro Hunter! :way:

I have a Knight bighorn and a CVA accura v2 and have shot the TC's. Hands down I believe the CVA Accura V2 is the best muzzy on the market for the money. Still shoot my old Knight, but it is a bear to clean with all the blow back. I thought about a TC when I was looking for a new muzzy but it just didn't handle right for me.

I would stay with what you have and practice shooting it better. Nothing wrong with that rifle.............ck

I can't do a lot of things, and I certainly may be a bad shot... But I can squeeze a trigger of gun thats locked into the lead sled. Doesnt take anything special.

I'll cut you a heck of a deal.

I think the most consistently accurate blackpowder muzzy right now, that I have seen on other forums, is the Accura V2. There are ways to fix the blowback on the Knight's as well. You could always go smokeless too.

Accura V2. I'm no expert shot and my groups were about the same as Liv's shooting off my book bag and coveralls out at Black Hawk. Couple it with Blackhorn and some Barnes Expanders and it will be as deadly as you are.
It shot much better than the Omega I used to shoot.

Well then what would you pick???? Opinions are exactly what I am after.

Already did but will narrow it down more for you. Knight Disc Elite but no longer made. Add the Lehigh conversion to it. Best one made today is the Savage. That one will push the upper limits of your budget but is the best long and short range factory made. Have not shot any of the new Knights but would venture to say they are top of the line and the best new out there if not interested in smokeless.

I shoot a Knight Disc Extreme with the Lehigh conversion and it is AWESOME. HOWEVER, if I had $700 bucks to spend on a new muzzy I would without a doubt go with the Savage smokeless. Its the best out there by a long shot.

Top Bottom