Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Most Monsters From The Same Tree?

T

Travis Becker

I was just wondering what is the most deer (140" and up) that you have seen from the same treestand? One night I saw two deer within three min. of each other. The First would or went a little over 140", and the second would of been around 150"-160". And a couple of nights later a huge 10 Point walked right under my stand 160"-170". My brother also shot a 11 point (140") out of that same stand the same year (01-02) Bow season.

Hi,

I don't know if you mean at the same time of day or over a period of years. I have a tree stand that bucks scoring 184 1/8 and 157 6/8 have been killed at and one seen this fall after I had filled my buck tag that will score 160 to 165 judging from his sheds and assuming a 17" spread.
In the Kaibab area of Arizona I have seen 5 P&Y Mule deer at the same time in a group, but I can't give you a score cause they are still running around as far as I know.
I have also seen 3 Coues deer bucks in pursuit of a poor hapless doe that would make P&Y, but again they are still running around.

PS: please give exact directions to your stand and I'll tell you how many come by next fall. Just kidding!!

This last fall i saw three bucks the same morning all within about two hours of each other. the first was working a scrape line and probably would go in the mid 140's the second was feed ing a field with some does and he would have probaly went about 130 - 135, and the third buck was trailing a doe, 14 points and would probabley go in the 170 range, came within 60 yards of my stand, but never anycloser. I saw the biggest one three times last fall, but he never presented a shot, guess that's why he is so big. I just hope he made it through the shotgun season. I haven't found his sheds yet.

I dont know if those holds true for every stand I ever seen a big buck out of or not. But I do have a couple of stands that produce Big Buck sightings "and deaths" every year.

In my opinion Big Buck area is Big Buck area and if you hunt it right you should consisitently year after year continue to see big bucks...Thats as long as nothing major changes about the area.

Top Bottom