Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Most Overrated Hunting Personality

why wouldn't they push the sponsors things I have a friend that approched Lee & Tiff. for his fertlizer product and was told they wanted $150,000.00 each to mention it.

Monster Trophy Whitetails is the absolute worst show on any outdoor network.....closely followed by Hand Parker 3D.

Ha, hank parker and the gang are awesome. I just love my C'mere deer 3 day harvest. Thats all it takes to get the big boys:rolleyes:

Hank Parker might just top my over rated list. I will say that Jimmy Steger is a bigger turd but I don't think that many people know who he is so how could he be over rated? Lee and Tiff are also right up there in the turd category as well.

Stan Potts needs to lay off the coffee & 5 hr energy before he has a stroke!

That right there is hilarious but too true!

msalow said:
why wouldn't they push the sponsors things I have a friend that approched Lee & Tiff. for his fertlizer product and was told they wanted $150,000.00 each to mention it.

You should probably learn some facts before spreading lies, this is completely false....

Bowtech84 said:
Jim Shockeys hunting adventures (when Len and Hal are on) and the professionals:way:

Agreed, the episode with Len and Hal in the ground blind together was hilarious. It reminds me of hunting with my father in law.
The guy I hated to watch was Steve Stoltz, not sure if he is still on any shows now or not.

I don't really watch hunting shows, but I do try and catch Open season tv. Chuck Paddock is kind of a friend of mine, so I try and watch his shows. Their not that bad, still a little bit of product pimping going on there.

The rest of them I have no clue. I got completely burnt out of "hunting with a camera" than I can't even stand to watch it on tv anymore.

I hunt for myself, I set goals for myself, I chase the bucks that I want to chase. I have way more fun running camera's, planting food plots, scouting, hanging stands, and the rest of the things that go into whitetail hunting, than to watch it on tv. I know it's for entertainment, but I just can't stand the HOLY CRAP, I JUST SHOT A 160 inch MATURE GIANT!!! (insert 135 inch 3 year old here). Plus the, couldn't have done it without my _____________, if it wasn't for my_____________ I would have never had the opportunity.

But, I do not look down on the people who do the shows. They are doing what they love, and if they can make a living at it, go for it. Just not my cup of tea anymore. I have close friends that I share everything with, and they share everything with me, and that my friends, is way better than any hunting show on TV today.

I always liked Shockey. Probably cause he always killed big deer. Cant stand any show filmed south of Missouri. Southern hunting is boring. I havent watched any shows in a few years but that show where drury had teams competing is what dtove me away. Not sure if its still on?

nannyslayer said:
I don't really watch hunting shows, but I do try and catch Open season tv. Chuck Paddock is kind of a friend of mine, so I try and watch his shows. Their not that bad, still a little bit of product pimping going on there.

The rest of them I have no clue. I got completely burnt out of "hunting with a camera" than I can't even stand to watch it on tv anymore.

I hunt for myself, I set goals for myself, I chase the bucks that I want to chase. I have way more fun running camera's, planting food plots, scouting, hanging stands, and the rest of the things that go into whitetail hunting, than to watch it on tv. I know it's for entertainment, but I just can't stand the HOLY CRAP, I JUST SHOT A 160 inch MATURE GIANT!!! (insert 135 inch 3 year old here). Plus the, couldn't have done it without my _____________, if it wasn't for my_____________ I would have never had the opportunity.

But, I do not look down on the people who do the shows. They are doing what they love, and if they can make a living at it, go for it. Just not my cup of tea anymore. I have close friends that I share everything with, and they share everything with me, and that my friends, is way better than any hunting show on TV today.

Can you hunt in July :)? I'm trapped in the city most of the time and shows like Midwest WT and Whitetail Properties help pass the long few months until the archery opener!

I have a couple that I absolutely cannot stand and really don't see lasting much longer. I don't know the name of it by its main host is that one dude who paints his face all warrior like and always gets up and acts way pumped up and yells, "boyah!" all the time. That and head hunters tv I think it is. It starts out with some guys standing on a rocky bluff with a helicoptor flying around and they try and look all tough. The Bone Collector crew is basically just a commerical now. A few people said they like Jim Shockey, I've never actually watched an episode, but always seeing him in a cowboy hat a red scarf in the previews just makes me not want to watch it lol.

Whitetail Freaks and The Crush are both pretty good, but at the same time gets frustrating just seeing them take multiple huge deer each season. I've only seen a couple deer in my life that are similiar in size to what they take each season on these shows. Seems like every Tuesday on the outdoor channel Lee&Tiffany have some great friend/celeb out on there land to hunt and each of them kills a giant, I mean come on.

Hands down midwestwhitetail (there website) is my absolute favorite. You can learn a ton and Bill Winke seems very humble and it is really neat how he explains everything year round and the hows and whys of what he does and the steps he takes. Hopefully it doesn't change.

Nug said:
Well... enlighten us then. :confused:

Several of these TV personalities make under 100,000 a year off the hunting shows, with that being said alot of them have money coming in through other ventures or investments. Most of these guys have to pay to have the show put on TV, Last time I checked the sportsman channel was charging 60000-80000 a year.

Agree with most of you. Jim Shockey and Cody Robbins are two of my favorites along with me watching Midwest Whitetail online. And I'm glad I'm not the only person on here who wants to go on a dream hunt with Jim Shockey's daughter. I also like some of the H.S. team. Steve Snow, Ron Sk, and some of the less popular guys on the show. They seem more like the down to earth hunters that we all are.

I cant stand about 90% of them with the 26 minutes of commercials and 4 minutes of killing something. From the ones I've seen The Bone Collector makes me want to puke.

Love all the mature bucks roaming around Lee and Tiffs that have grown up on those farms with zero pressure and show up in broad daylight without a care in the world - its just not realistic hunting for most people.

Shockey can be a bit of a goof at times but I like him because he and his clients kill some damn big animals, he's not pimping products the entire show (he actually hunts without camo - weird concept for most Id imagine) and its different because its not just all whitetail.

Without DVR I wouldnt watch a single one if them though!

Winkes show is great! The guy just needs to learn how to shoot.

The only shows I will watch are those that are hunting their own ground. Anyone can go hunt with an outfitter and pull trigger.

Can you hunt in July :)? I'm trapped in the city most of the time and shows like Midwest WT and Whitetail Properties help pass the long few months until the archery opener!

Nope, but I can run cameras, scout, plant.food plots, and everything else that comes with whitetail hunting.

:grin:

Sounds like most people agree that these shows are getting pretty annoyong. The only hunts I will watch this season are from real guys who do it for the love of the hunt. And they are online, Trophy Pursuit with Chris and the gang and Truvison Outdoors with THA4. They credit their success on hard work, not products that don't even work.

Top Bottom