Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mountain Lion Release?!

G

Several people have been spotting mountain lions around the Drakesville area. Some of the locals are claiming that the DNR released them from the Lake Wapello area. Please inform me if this is true....as it would be rather ill advised to release such an animal in a populated area. Not to mention all the cows and sheep.

No, I am not making this up. A doctor and an Amish man told me they saw one and they were several miles apart in the same day.

There was a mounbtain lion killed by a car, near Harlan if I remember correctly, a few weeks ago. Seems there are a scattered few around but I seriously doubt that the DNR would be releasing them. No one would have believed you if you said you saw a bobcat a few years ago, but now it's common knowledge that there are small populations of them in parts of Iowa. I wonder if that will be the case with cougars ten years from now.

I HEARD THAT ONCE THE DNR GET'S THE COUGAR'S RELOCATION PROCESS REFINED,THEY ARE GOING TO MOVE ON TO BIG FOOT. I MEAN,IF THEY CAN DART A LION,TRANSPORT IT IN FROM OUT WEST,KEEP IT ASLEEP WHILE THEY TRAVEL TO AN UNKNOWN LOCATION,UNDER THE COVER OF A NEW MOON,WITHOUT ANY LOCALS KNOWING WHATS GOING ON.THEN BIGFOOT IS ONLY A FEW YEARS AWAY!
SO THIS WEEKEND WHEN YOUR CRAWLING OUT OF YOUR STAND,AFTER DARK,WALKING TO YOUR TRUCK,THAT NOISE JUST MAY BE NOTHING.
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
GOOD HUNTING

Yeah, the DNR releases cougars all the time. Wolves and bears too. Might be setting some elephants loose pretty soon. Duhh.....

I was helping a friend mine build a barn this summer, and one of his neighbors, who was also helping, mentioned something to us about the DNR releasing Mountain Lions within the state. I didn't pay much attention because I thought it was just something he had heard. Maybe there's some truth to it. He had also said there were some other predators to be released in the future. We were in Cass county at the time, but I think the area he was speaking of was central Iowa.

Just reporting what the locals have been seeing. No need for the sarcasm.

Years ago about 1967 I was at a church camp near Winterset. There were several of us that did see a big cat the size of a couger or panther jump from a tree one evening. It was later reported in a local newspaper that it had escaped from some zoo or animal farm. Don't know what ever happened to it though.

Top Bottom