Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Movement Update...

Sitting in timber right now, spooked 6 that were bedded in a revine walking in around 6:45, haven't seen a dang thing since, frustrating

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using IW

I sat yesterday morning, and saw one mature buck around 6:50, 3 yearlings later, and one dink buck at 9:30. I saw zero mature does which was surprising because the two days before that ... that is about all I saw.

Saw 9 Does and 3 Bucks yesterday. Really doesn't help when someone tresspasses on your land :) I love it when that happens.

The bucks here are starting to tolerate each other again. I saw 6 2&3 year olds together drinking at my pond yesterday. Other older bucks I am seeing are feeding with other bucks, grooming each other and not paying much attention to the does. Now is the time to pattern one on an evening feeding area.

rattled in 3 bucks yesterday two 3yr olds and one mature 160ish buck. Buddy rattled in a giant this morning. Seems like they're responding to calling again. All bucks were checking does

I ran into a guy last night at the fur shed who watched a buck breed a doe last evening. I also saw two sets of twins (all were female yearlings) feed without a mature doe in sight which made me wonder if mama hadn't ran off for a little lovin?!

Went out morning and night today. Saw 12 deer ( one Buck chasing a doe hard) in the morning and 1 spike in the evening.

This morning movement was good early, buddy shot a young buck... and then this afternoon had movement at about 3 pm....but after that was dead..walked out to my truck and had a group of 5 bucks, all sizes, feeding together...and a few does in a seperate group... north central iowa

Was out this evening. Saw ten does all together just before dark. Then about ten minutes after quiting time, had a buck grunting and following the trail of two little yearlings that hadgone past me. He went east past me and about 5 minutes later a buck came from the east and went west (I'm thinking they were different bucks). Crap, just about 10-15 minutes too late and I don't even know if either of them were shooters or not. But good movement and both bucks, one for sure were looking for someting.

Central Iowa - was in a tree from 11 till close of business and seen a pretty steady stream of does starting at 2. Didn't see a buck until 4:45. Pulled my trail cam cards from last week and not a single buck on them except two spikes. Ruts either over or they are all locked down on this property..

I have finally started seeing my target bucks this weekend, they have been out cruzing. Now that bow season is just about over:mad:

Well, here I am again. 4 days before shotgun and still holding a archery tag. Going to hit one morning hunt and then sit on a standing corn plot one night. If I don't get it done then, I will be freezing after the gun seasons are finished. I have so many hours in the stand and zip to show so far. FRUSTRATING! I will have the urban bowhunt to pass the time with however and that should help a little. Anybody seeing anything?

I sat out last evening and you would have thought the deer would be moving everywhere as cool and calm as it was here in SE Iowa...and the only thing moving were two yearlings just before dark. It looks like the week after Thanksgiving in Iowa...meaning it seems like they seem to flip the love switch off and go into stuff your face mode.

I've seen a lot of groups out feeding on my drives home. Where I was hunting it seemed like the rut had wound down by 19-20 November and I was only seeing groups of does with no bucks chasing.

Saw a mature 150" 10pt last night trailing a doe and another 3.5yr old cruising across the middle of a bean field at 4:30

Top Bottom