Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Movement Update...

Dead tonight .

We only live about 40 min. from each other, and dead as a hammer here tonight also. Went with a friend to a piece he owns, and we didn't see jack...wait take that back had one little chase in the river, but no movement beyond that.

Monroe County, hunted some great farms today that have little to no pressure.

ZERO deer! I don't know whats going on here but it sure isn't "on" by any stretch of the imagination. Sure hope they move soon because thus far the season has been a total bust.

very slow deer were moving in and out of corn as combine went back and forth. a 140ish following group of about 10 in and out of corn. Should hopefully be all piced by tomarrow.:D

Called in a nice 9pt easy 3yr old from the timber, he made some scrapes right under my stand.. Only deer I saw.

Hunted southern iowa today morning was good. Rattled in 2 small bucks no shooters. Tonight was dead only 5 does. Talk to a couple friends and they had better luck in northern iowa today. So I am headed home to hunt northern iowa tomorrow.

Saw 14 does/fawns come out to a harvested bean field tonight and feed without a buck in sight. The one buck that came through was by himself and paid no attention to the does. We've got a ways to go yet in our area, but it can change pretty quickly too.

A little rain would be nice though...

NWBuck

Hunted our 80 acres that is seperate from our primary farm. Rattled at 8AM and had 4 bucks come in, only problem they were either a spike or a little fork buck. After milling around for 30 minutes two of them bedded down about 30 yards behind me and about 50 yards apart.

Saw a total of 7 deer and they were ALL bucks.

Sat this morning and it was dead. Saw 4 does total and one was on the way out of stand. Give it a go tonight hope it is better.

Never saw a deer this am. Still very slow, going to stay in tonight and try tomorrow morning. Do not want to burn stands out before it gets good

Out this morning and saw nothing in ne iowa. Saturday was much better with numerous does morning and evening, had a 140ish running through the timber with a forkhorn around 9 am.

Slow night, saw 4 does this evening. Nothing exciting. Overall, a pretty lackluster day. Hope next weekend it is a different story. Want to sit all day next weekend and Monday.

Weekend wasn't quite what I had hoped here in East Central Iowa.

Started on Thurs when I discovered one of my trail cam's gone 'missing.' Farmer to the south of me was on the combine all Friday night and some of Saturday. Sat AM was absolutely fantastic in terms of weather but only saw a group of does/fawns just before sunrise. Decided to sleep in Sun AM when I heard rain. Sun PM I had 1000 blackbirds camping in the trees around me chirping and sh**ting everywhere. When they finally took off around 5pm, all I could hear were this Dad and his kid in the woods about 1/3 mile away yelling back and forth and making all sorts of racket.

Hoping for better results next week.

A buddy just text me and said he has 5 bucks chasing a doe and 1 is a monster! It's starting to turn on!:way:

Top Bottom