Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Movement Update...

Anyone hunting SE Iowa Fairfield-Ottummwa area? I am heading down there for the next week hoping the rut is on when i get there. If your in the are let me know whats going on down there.

out this AM , think the wind has them all hunkered down. so far only chasing i've seen over the last week is this same 4 pointer harassing the does , all the other bucks are doeless and the does are mainly unharassed and wandering in pairs. did see a big boy lay down in a combined bean field with one doe with him at 2 pm 2 days ago on the drive in. heading back out in an hour or 2 hopefully i'll get lucky , can't hunt til friday :mad:

Hunted hard in SW Iowa all weekend and it was dead. Saw 4 deer all weekend and didnt see any kind of rut activity. Sure wish it would cool off.

I know it seems early but most of the big boys on my set up are locked down on does. Little guys running around but the big guys are all locked tight. Have turned to patterning the does movements cause our big boy is on her tight. Heavnt had any luck connecting though. have seen two mature bucks so far and they just bedding with and bird doggin thats it...

I have been off since Friday and starting to get frustrated. Sat in the same tree all day Friday saw lots of deer but not much rut activity. The biggest buck I have seen the past three days would struggle to hit 125.

buck

Saw a really nice buck-140ish trailing a doe, could not get a shot, he was very impressive for Minnesota. Probably a pass to most guys in Iowa (lol)

Started my vacation yesterday. Hunted in the nw corner of a piece of timber holding lots of acorns. Haven't had a trail cam out for over week so didn't know what to expect. Had a doe and yearling button buck come right in and feed all around my stand. The button buck was right under my stand for several minutes. When I got the perfect broadside shot at 15 yards on the doe, I let an arrow fly. Complete pass-through, she ran 30 yards and tipped over.

Didn't hunt today. Pulled a stand off of a piece of property I can no longer hunt and plan on hanging it around mid day tomorrow. Going to try a stand I hung a week and a half ago in the morning for a little bit I think.

Saw lots and lots of deer out feeding this evening. Saw a few small bucks mixed in, but mostly does. No chasing/rut activity going on that I saw. All just had their heads down feeding.

Had doe two fawns under me last hour. Them small buck chased a different doe around field. Only action saw all day. Warm and windy makes it tough and that moon is getting brighter :)

At 8 this am (would have been 9 yesterday) had a 140s buck running a doe across the field by the house, then on the way to church an hour later saw another back of the same class running a doe across another field...looks like some are getting lucky, and hopefully some of us will get lucky with them!!!

Sat all day today. Seen a five pointer messing with three doe at 8:00 this a.m. Then not a single deer til dark when a lone fawn came in. Frustrating to say the least.

Marion/Warren county

I put a ground blind in a new location late this morning and hunted it tonight. Had 11 does and 3 bucks in the corn by 5pm. Biggest was a 140 class 9pt. Quite a bit of grunting going on and a little chasing, but no interest by the does. In fact, the bucks spent most of their time feeding.

I saw rutting movement friday night and saturday morning then it seemed like the wind shut the deer down saturday night and sunday morning and i only saw a few deer, but then last night they were moving again

Morning of 11-7..bucks were chasing does in open fields every where I went...no movement in the woods...nothing over 130 though..north iowa

Good movement over the weekend, evenings were good but mornings better. Just about every group of does that came by had a buck following...the best weekend this year for me, n iowa

Top Bottom