Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muddy treestands...Hunter vs. Hunter Pro

deerhunter93

I am thinking about getting a nice stand to have many different set-ups with. I was wondering if you guys have either the muddy hunter or hunter pro treestand and what you like/dislike about them. Would it be better to have a bigger platform and 1 1/2 pounds heavier or smaller platform and lighter?
Also do you guys like it better or worse than a lone wolf?
Thanks!

Lone Wolf vs. Muddy....

6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

both are money stands, and worth the investment.

but as a fat kid, /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif i prefer the seat on the Muddy stand!

i personally use the Hunter-Pro as it is lighter and easier to hang in a pinch.

Muddy Hunter-Pro for me!
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I just got my hunter pro on monday and it seems plenty big enough. About the size of the rest of my stands. Can't wait to try it out

Muddy gear is top notch! I like lone wolf as well. But if I was buying, it would be Lone wolf in form of climber, muddy in form of hang on!

Had the same thoughts on which to buy a couple of weeks ago.

Hands down I Love the LW.

Makes putting stands up a breeze and are super light weight.

I would not even hesitate to pay the extra cash.

It is worth it in my opinion.

Don't mean to hijack but on a related note, does the platform leveling system on the Muddy work well even on trees with a pretty fair lean to them? Man could I use that in a handful of spots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowabowtech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't mean to hijack but on a related note, does the platform leveling system on the Muddy work well even on trees with a pretty fair lean to them? Man could I use that in a handful of spots.</div></div>

I think the Muddy's have a little more adjustability than the Lone Wolf's.

Definitely an invaluable trait of both the Muddy's and the Lone Wolf's. I hang a lot of lock-on's throughout the year and just seem to get more cussing done than anything. Once season rolls around and I go hang a Lone Wolf set. I can breath easy. By far the best stands on the market.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and the muddy seat is adjustable to compensate for tree lean as well.... </div></div>

I kinda forgot about the need for that on a leaner. Good to know, thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CHRISTISMYSAVIOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are u guys buying your Muddy stands at? Their website? </div></div>

There are a few dealers around. I bought mine from a dealer.

Direct, dealers, or at any of the shows. Muddy will be at about 20 different shows this spring and summer, so you can buy them direct at the shows if you don't want to pay shipping.

The stands are very nice, and will only get better!

So the Muddy's seat and platform level... do they have something similar to the LW Offset Bracket for a crooked, out of plumb, tree? Thanks.

With a muddy stand you still have to use ratchet straps to hold it to the tree right? Its not like the lonewolf where you hang the strap with the hook, then just put the stand on the hook and your done right?

With a muddy stand you still have to use ratchet straps to hold it to the tree right? Its not like the lonewolf where you hang the strap with the hook, then just put the stand on the hook and your done right?

Yep, and both are still to heavy. Good stands but still need work. Think more in terms of quiet and weight reduction for future designs.:way:

But do they have an offset bracket?

Not that Im aware of.

I have a LW and have several 4+ hour sits with out standing. Unbelievable how an inch of foam can be more comfortable that 3inches of foam on one of my API Baby Grands.

As far as the Muddy stuff goes, I gotta agree with THA4 thier about the same. They are the two that are top of the class when it comes to hang and hunt. I have yet to actually sit for any amount of time in a Muddy but they look farely comfy.

Yes, the Muddy stands include an offset bracket. Really good stand, my second favorite to the Lone Wolf (but a whole lot cheaper!)

I have them in stock and one opened up if anyone wants to look at one.
Also have the Muddy harnesses which have been real popular.

Top Bottom